Natural Gas Suppliers – VIC – 2014 Ratings
Posted by Canstar Blue October 28th 2015
You are viewing the archived 2014 ratings for Victorian natural gas suppliers. Go to the current ratings for this category.
Go to the current ratings for this category.
* Overall satisfaction is an individual rating and not a combined total of all ratings. Brands with equal overall satisfaction ratings are listed in alphabetical order. ^ By clicking on the brand name or the button in the table above, you will be taken to a page that provides more detailed information about the brand and provides you with the opportunity to compare specific plans using the Switchwise widget. You agree that Canstar Blue’s terms and conditions apply to your use of the Switchwise service.
Victoria natural gas supplier awards produce illuminating results
Natural gas accounts for nearly a quarter of this country’s energy consumption, a reliance that has grown 3.3% in the last ten years according to Bureau of Resources & Energy Economics (2014). Heavy reliance with any utilities products can come at a price for consumers, and some Victorians are concerned about their bills.
A little more than one in five respondents to this survey often struggle to pay their bills on time. Furthermore, electricity is far and away the expense consumers are most likely to be concerned about paying.
Victorians everywhere are even trying to cut back on other necessities to keep their bills low. For example:
- 26% of customers cut back on food and groceries,
- 48% cut back on entertainment and recreation, and
- an alarming 17% cut back on medical and dental.
The least likely expense to take a hit? Schooling and childcare, where only 3% of respondents decided to cut back in order to wrestle their bills under control.
There’s a simple solution for consumers on the lookout for a better deal. Victoria is a free market when it comes to natural gas suppliers, which means you can pick and switch providers at your discretion.
If you’re moving, now’s the time to look at the providers available. If you’re staying put, perhaps it’s time for a review? We asked Victorians what they thought of their natural gas supplier and Lumo Energy stole the show.
In a comparison of six different suppliers, Lumo Energy achieved five stars in all our criteria, and won Most Satisfied Customers award for 2014. Other brands rated were Red Energy, AGL, Simply Energy, Origin, and Energy Australia.
Two other brands received five stars in certain areas:
- Origin, for its uninterrupted supply of gas to homes, and
- Red Energy, for its focus on environmental sustainability and customer service.
Check out the table above to compare all the suppliers by all criteria.
How we rated natural gas suppliers from Victoria
Canstar Blue commissioned Colmar Brunton to survey 2,695 Australian consumers across a range of categories to measure and track customer satisfaction. The outcomes reported are the results from customers within the survey group who have an active gas account and regularly pay the bills – in this case, 990 Victorians.
Each brand must have received at least 30 responses in order to be included. Results are comparative and it should be noted that brands receiving three stars have still achieved a satisfaction measure of at least six out of 10. Not all brands available in the market have been compared in this survey.