Frozen Vegetables – 2014 Ratings
Posted by Canstar Blue October 12th 2015
You are viewing the archived 2014 ratings for frozen vegetables. Go to the current frozen vegetables ratings.
* Overall satisfaction is an individual rating and not a combined total of all ratings. Brands with equal overall satisfaction ratings are listed in alphabetical order.
Do Australians eat their vegetables?
The daily recommended serving of vegetables for Australian adults is five or six serves (roughly five cups), according to the Department of Health. And when you think about it, that’s not much.
But the vast majority of Australians aren’t getting their five or six serves. In fact, according to the University of Sydney, just 6.8 percent of us consume the recommended intake of vegetables, with just over half meeting the recommendations for fruit intake.
On average, we’re getting just 2.5 servings of vegetables a day, according to AusFoodNews.com.au, which is just half of what we need.
A recent Canstar Blue survey shows that 80% of Aussies incorporate frozen vegetables into a meal at least once a week. And here are a few ideas from us on how you can get even more servings into your daily diet.
- Swap biscuits and lollies for carrot and hummus dip as a healthy snack. It’s easy to assemble in advance, keeps for ages, and is dead healthy for you.
- Did you know you can make zucchini pasta using a spiralizer? Or sweet potato rice? Or apple ribbons? This post from Lifehacker explains why substituting some flour or grain based products with vegetables will do wonders for your waistline.
- Make a smoothie for breakfast. Spinach works surprisingly well in both savoury and sweet concoctions – and is high in protein!
- Add more vegies and less meat to your casserole, stir fry or pasta dish.
- Weekly meal plans are a great way to save money each week, so you don’t over-buy when doing your grocery shopping. It also presents you with an opportunity to challenge yourself to craft new meals from vegetables, so take up the challenge and look to the countless vegetarian cooking blogs for inspiration!
ALDI frozen vegetables secure brand another award
Respondents to a recent Canstar Blue survey found a sure-fire way to incorporate vegetables in their meals – by picking up the frozen kind!
Why not follow suit and help keep yourself and your family healthy by investing in some frozen vegetables every week. ALDI’s home brand of frozen vegies was recently named the winner of our Most Satisfied Customers Award in this category. In fact it was the third year in a row that the discount supermarket chain has been successful in this area.
For the full results, make sure you check out the table above.
How we rated frozen vegetables
Canstar Blue commissions Colmar Brunton to regularly survey 2,500 Australian consumers across a range of categories to measure and track customer satisfaction. The outcomes reported are the results from customers within the survey group who have purchased and eaten frozen vegetables in the last month – in this case, 1,923 shoppers.
Each brand must have received at least 30 responses in order to be included. Results are comparative and it should be noted that brands receiving three stars have still achieved a satisfaction measure of at least six out of 10. Not all brands available in the market have been compared in this survey.