Cars – Sedans – 2014 Ratings
Posted by Canstar Blue November 5th 2014
You are viewing the archived 2014 ratings for sedans. Go to the current ratings for sedan cars.
In the market for a new sedan? Compare some of the best sedan brands using our car customer satisfaction ratings.
* Overall satisfaction is an individual rating and not a combined total of all ratings. Brands with equal overall satisfaction ratings are listed in alphabetical order.
Canstar Blue research finalised in May 2015, published in August 2015.
Sedans are fairly popular in Australia, most likely because we have such large roads to accommodate them, longer driving distances suited for their bigger engines, and a great selection of available models. In the last few years, several noteworthy sedans have made their mark:
- Ford Falcon
- Holden Commodore
- Hyundai Sonata
- Toyota Camry
- Mitsubishi Lancer
- Honda Accord
- Mazda 6
…And countless others. In our latest survey of new car owners, we asked those who had purchased a sedan in the last few years what they thought of their purchase. All the brands you see above made it into our final results, with Mitsubishi emerging in front.
Congratulations to Mitsubishi for achieving our Most Satisfied Customers Award – Sedans, 2014. So what do Mitsubishi offer to its customers?
- Mirage: a compact sedan that packs in plenty of features into a (relatively speaking) budget package.
- Lancer: a well-known small car name in many circles, the Lancer has been roaming Australian roads for more than 20 years. Additionally, the frame and stylings of this car inspired…
- Lancer Ralliart: the sports variant of the Lancer. Its maximum engine power improves on the standard model – from 110kW to 177kW. However, this doesn’t come close to matching…
- Lancer Evolution: the racing variant of the Lancer. It has a 217kW MIVEC engine, six speed transmission, and is styled to look positively stunning.
It’s plain to all that Mitsubishi certainly cater to a wide variety of drivers. If you’re after something simple, you’d probably opt for the Mirage. If you were a consummate petrol-head, however, you might instead be tempted by the Ralliart or Evo’. In any case, Mitsubishi has you covered in a number of areas.
Mitsubishi achieved five stars for overall satisfaction, value for money, point of sale service, reliability, and performance. It also received a three star rating for after sales service.
How we rated new cars
Canstar Blue commissioned Colmar Brunton to survey 5,000 Australian drivers across a range of categories to measure and track customer satisfaction. The outcomes reported are the results from customers within the survey group who have bought a brand new sedan from a dealership in the last three years – in this case, 570 Australians.
Each brand must have received at least 30 responses in order to be included. Results are comparative and it should be noted that brands receiving three stars have still achieved a satisfaction measure of at least six out of 10. Not all brands available in the market have been compared in this survey.