Waste Management Services
Posted by Canstar Blue April 10th 2015
These are the 2015 Ratings for Waste Management Services. To view the most up to date information, please view the latest Waste Management Ratings.
In this 2015 survey of small businesses, we shine a light on which waste management services scrub up the best.
* Overall satisfaction is an individual rating and not a combined total of all ratings. Brands with equal overall satisfaction ratings are listed in alphabetical order.
Canstar Blue research finalised in April 2016, published in May 2016.
Veolia tops our 2015 ratings for small business customer satisfaction
In any modern household or business, the most any person does to dispose of waste is choose which bin it goes into, and the complex processes which happen afterwards barely warrants a second thought. In actual fact, the services performed by commercial waste management companies are incredibly complex, that include
- large-scale collection of waste bins and containers,
- separate processing for different types of waste, such as electronics or plant mater,
- multi-stage recycling programs, and
- the handling and treatment of hazardous waste.
Waste management organisations serve not just businesses, but also work in the industrial, governmental, even the domestic space; so it’s worthwhile knowing which companies customers are most satisfied with. Having crunched the data from our surveys of small business employees and owners, who were asked how satisfied they are with their waste disposal, we found ourselves a winning brand.
Veolia Environmental Services has achieved our Most Satisfied Customers Award – Waste Management Services, Small Business, 2015, achieving a clean sweep through all the tested criteria; its nearest competitor, J.J. Richards & Sons, scored an impressive four stars in all the different ratings areas. In addition to our overall satisfaction rating, the criteria we surveyed customers on were:
- Value for money – we asked customers not just what they paid outright, but whether or not they considered this expense as ‘good value’;
- Client service – the way customers are treated;
- Environmental waste solutions – the company’s environmental record and how well it minimises the impact of its work;
- Speed of waste disposal, and
- Bin and skip hire service – how many options are available and how easy the service is to use
We found that client service was the most significant driver of overall customer satisfaction, but feel compelled to applaud both rated brands for their measures taken to protect the environment. Both Veolia and J.J. Richards & Sons have clearly articulated, meaningful sustainability programs in place – which we have linked to above if you’d like to read them for yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
Brands must have received at least 30 responses to be included. Results are comparative and it should be noted that brands receiving three stars have still achieved a satisfaction measure of at least six out of 10. The ratings table is first sorted by star ratings and then alphabetically. A rated brand may receive a ‘N/A’ (Not Applicable) rating if it does not receive the minimum number of responses for that criteria.