Hello Mobile is a budget pre-paid mobile phone service provider that focuses on no-contract plans. They partner with Cell C phonecards. They also sell many mobile handsets outright, with free express delivery. Or you can find your nearest Hello Mobile store online.
The company’s biggest selling point is their cheap international services, with some plans with no flagfall on international calls, and just a 30c/call flagfall and low charges per minute on the Supa plan. International SMS texts cost as little as 10 to 12 cents each. Hello Mobile’s dedicated international mobile connections also mean you don’t have to fight domestic connections to get your voice “out of the country”.
At time of writing, they offer 3G data at a low 5c/MB.
Hello Mobile Pre-Paid Plans
There are currently 8 SIM-only pre-paid plans to choose from. National calls to landline or mobile are charged at 10c/minute with no flagfall. National and international SMS texts cost 12c each. Add-on data is charged at $5 per 500MB, up to 3GB for $30/month.
- Combo 10: $10/month budget plan. 50 minutes of international calls included as a bonus.
- Supa: $10, $20 or $30/recharge price points. Pay as you go plan. Long expiry of 3 months for credit.
- Unlimited 30: $29.90/month. Unlimited national calls and texts. 2GB of data.
- Combo 40: $39.90/month. Unlimited national calls and texts. 250 minutes of international calls to certain countries included. 2GB of data.
- Unlimited 40: $39.90/month. (On special for $19.95 during July 2015.) Unlimited national calls and texts. 4GB of data.
- Freedom 500: $39.90/month. Unlimited national calls and texts. 500 minutes of international calls to certain countries included. 500MB of data.
- Eazy Plan: $20 or $30/month. 8c/minute national calls with no flagfall.
- VIP 25: $25/month. Unlimited national calls and texts. No data is included in this plan.
Data only plans
These plans aren’t cheap at all compared with others we’ve seen.
- Data Sim: No lock-in contract. 500MB for $10, 1GB for $20, or 2GB for $30/month.
Pre-paid mobile plans service providers we surveyed
Canstar Blue commissions Colmar Brunton to regularly survey 3,000 Australian consumers across a range of categories to measure and track customer satisfaction. The outcomes reported are the results from customers within the survey group who currently have an active pre-paid mobile phone account in their name and pay the bills – in this case, 826 people.
The pre-paid mobile plans service providers in this year’s survey are: