Jeenee Mobile was founded in 2010 as a telco with a difference – it is a not-for-profit and their customers are making a real difference in the world. Sales from Jeenee’s SIM-only mobile plans support people living with a disability, while their Make a Difference program donates mobile phone services to those in need. As of July 2015, Jeenee Mobile had donated over 260 phone services at a value of over $219,000 and had won multiple awards for their work. Jeenee’s parent company is the long-established Community Connections Australia, which helps people with a disability enjoy active and visible lives in the community.
Jeenee Mobile’s hero plan is their basic pre-paid SIM-only phone plan, endorsed by Deaf Australia Inc. It costs $15/month and includes unlimited texts and 100MB of data for social media connections, but doesn’t charge for credit for voice calls that a Deaf person would never use. You can get add-on data at $12 for 1GB. Find out more about this phone plan on Deaf Australia Inc’s Auslan video explaining the plan. This plan has also been championed in reviews as a great budget 4G data and text SIM-only plan.
Jeenee Mobile’s other great innovation is the 24/7 Help Package that helps people live independently while knowing that they can get help when they need it and their loved ones will be notified. It’s perfect for seniors, people with a disability, and those who just need some peace of mind. The pack can be added to any SIM-only plan for $15/month, or added to a handset plan for $10/month. The pack provides:
- The Help emergency assistance service calls you up when you hit the Help button. Then assistant will contact emergency services for you and let your loved ones know if you are taken to hospital.
- The GPS locator service will help you figure out where you are when you’re lost.
- Phone handsets or tablets can be modified according to your needs with Jeenee Mobile’s software and hardware options. They have large, easy-to-use icons.
You can read many amazing customer stories from customers who use the Help Package or a Jeenee Mobile modified handset, and from people who have received a donated service. We can’t get enough of these inspiring stories of people living out their full potential!
Jeenee Mobile operates on the Optus 4G network.
Add-on data is available at $12 for 1GB or $20 for 2.5GB.
- $15/month Text: No calls, unlimited texts, 100MB of data.
- $15/month Light: 250 call minutes, 500 texts, 150MB of data.
- $25/month Cruiser: 500 call minutes, unlimited texts, 1.5GB of data.
- $38/month Cruiser: 500 call minutes, unlimited texts, 3.5GB of data.
- $25/month Unlimited: Unlimited calls, unlimited texts, 500MB of data.
- $15/month for 1GB.
- $30/month for 3GB.
Pre-paid mobile plans service providers we surveyed
Canstar Blue commissions Colmar Brunton to regularly survey 3,000 Australian consumers across a range of categories to measure and track customer satisfaction. The outcomes reported are the results from customers within the survey group who currently have an active pre-paid mobile phone account in their name and pay the bills – in this case, 826 people.
The pre-paid mobile plans service providers in this year’s survey are: