There’s no doubt that small business owners like to be rewarded for their hard work – and when it comes to frequent flyer programs, Qantas scored five stars for satisfaction in Canstar Blue’s recent consumer survey.
Qantas’ business rewards program is called Aquire; aimed at small to medium enterprises. It allows card users to choose between earning either frequent flyer points or the relatively newly-created Aquire points. There are a number of business partners already on board and businesses can earn points when transacting with these partners, as well as when they fly Qantas.
All Australian Businesses with an ABN are eligible to join Aquire; a joining fee of $89.50 applies. The program provides an account-management website for business owners to track their point activities as well as oversee their business’ users and each month a number of “bonus” offers are available.
What type of bonus offers? Well, at time of writing a selection of offers includes:
- Earn 50,000 bonus Aquire Points with Macquarie Leasing’s car buying service until 18 May 2015.
- Earn double Aquire Points with Budget between 8 April and 18 May 2015 on eligible rentals.
- Earn 10,000 bonus Aquire Points on permanent placements with Randstad until 31 May 2015.
- Earn 40,000 bonus Aquire Points with MeeMeep when you spend $3,000 on eligible deliveries.
- Earn double Aquire Points on a Business Worldwide or Domestic travel insurance policy with QBE.
It’s always worth remembering, of course, that not all businesses will benefit from a business credit card rewards program. Smaller companies with lower annual spends could well profit from lower credit card interest rates, for example, rather than a rewards program.