On your way to a birthday party but forgot a gift – it’s a common tale. Service stations tell us what you can pick up as a last-minute gift.
48% of Canstar Blue survey respondents say they tend to leave buying gifts until the last minute – and 14% say they’re even willing to buy a last-minute gift from the service station.
Thankfully, they’re probably in luck. 56% of Australians say they’re happy with the range of other items for sale at their local servo, e.g. gas bottles, coffee, and grocery items.
Most servos sell greeting cards, and the gifts you can buy to go along with a card include:
- iTunes or JB Hi-Fi gift card for your sister;
- Petrol gift cards (of course) for whoever has just moved out of home;
- Bargain tool kit for Dad;
- Disney magazines (toy included!) for the young ones;
- Bottle shop gift card for Uncle Bob;
- Chocolates for Grandma;
- Use the ATM and pop some cash in a card.
Some servos even have soft toy puppy dogs on sale next to the Slurpee machine – cute!