SCHEDULE TO CANSTAR BLUE PROMOTION GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Promotion name: Canstar Blue “Black Friday 2018” Promotion
This Promotion Schedule is incorporated into and forms part of Canstar Blue’s “General Terms and Conditions of Promotions”, available at http://www.canstarblue.com.au/terms-and-conditions/ (“General Terms and Conditions”). The General Terms and Conditions apply to the Promotion subject of this Promotion Schedule. To the extent of any conflict between this Promotion Schedule and the General Terms and Conditions, this Promotion Schedule will prevail.
|1||Promotion Period||This Promotion commences at 10:00am AEST on Thursday 15 November, 2018 and closes at 11:59pm AEST on Tuesday 20 November, 2018.|
|2||How to enter||To enter the Promotion, Entrants must:
– Tell us their best tip, in 50 words or less, for ‘making the most out of Black Friday Sales’ entries must be submitted within the competition entry form.
– Complete the competition entry form and subscribe to the monthly Canstar Blue Consumer Newsletter.
The competition entry form appears
– On https://www.canstarblue.com.au/competitions/black-friday-2018
– On popups around the website www.canstarblue.com.au
|3||Inclusions or exclusions (if applicable)||As per General Terms and Conditions.|
|4||Details of Prize and value||The draw will be in relation to one prize, and the winner will receive a VISA gift card, issued by VISA, valued at $200 RRP (called a “Prize”). The Prize will be emailed to the winner.
The winning Entrant will be required to reply to Canstar Blue, via reply email or Facebook private message, of their:
– acceptance of the prize,
– full name,
– year of birth,
– approval for Canstar Blue to announce their name as the Prize winner on www.canstarblue.com.au and/or in other relevant publications and media.
|5||Draw date, time and location||The Prize winner will be selected from a list of eligible entrants. The judging and selection will take place on the business day following Tuesday 20 November 2018 at Level 22, 143 Turbot Street, Brisbane, QLD, 4000, during business hours.
The Prize winner will be notified by email and Facebook private message by no later than 5pm on Wednesday 21 November, 2018.
|6||Selection of Winner||The winning comment will be selected based on originality, creativity and quality by the Promoter’s judge.|
|7||Additional Conditions||1. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creative merit.
2. All entries must be an independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or used to win prizes in any other competitions.
3. Where an Entrant submits an entry to Canstar as part of their entry in this Promotion, the Entrant warrants that either:
(a) they are the owner of any intellectual or other property rights that may be associated with the entry; or
(b) they have been granted the right to submit the entry to Canstar by the holder(s) of these rights.
4. The judge reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judge, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, or any images or language found to be potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory. The judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
6. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought, as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting a prize.
7. In accepting a Prize, each winner agrees that their winning entry shall become and remain the property of the Promoter and its associated companies in the Canstar Group.
8. The Promoter and its associated companies may use entrants’ names and submission contents for any commercial purpose, including future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes, for an unlimited period without remuneration.
10. Nothing in this Schedule or the General Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Australian Consumer Law, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia. (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Canstar (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
11. For the ‘Black Friday 2018’ Promotion:
· Clause 14 of the General Terms and Conditions will be replaced by the following clause: “the judge’s decision will be in relation to one prize (“Prize”).”
· Clause 16 of the General Terms and Conditions will be replaced by the following clause: “The person whose entry is 50 words or less and is judged the most original, creative, and best quality in the sole discretion of Canstar’s judge shall be the winner of the Prize.”
· Clause 26 of the General Terms and Conditions will be replaced by the following clause: “Results of this Promotion will be published on the Promoter’s website at www.canstar.com.au on 21st November 2018 or, should a re-draw be required, on the next business day following the redraw.”
12. Clause 27 of the General Terms and Conditions will be replaced by the following clause “Should a prize winner not validly claim their prize within 5 business days of being notified, the Promoter may, at its discretion elect to undertake a redraw which will take place in respect of the unclaimed prize. Subsequent redraw(s) if required will take place during business hours on the day immediately following the expiry of the claim period. The winner shall be notified by 5pm AEST on the day of the redraw.”