Moving away from talk of big discounts, Alinta Energy has launched a bold new attempt to attract Western Australian gas customers by giving them a helping hand into their new property.
Alinta Energy has teamed up with Perth removalist company, Adlam Transport, offering a moving truck free of charge for five hours.
Alinta’s WA General Manager, Chris Campbell, said the deal is an opportunity to remove some of the pain and hassle associated with around 120,000 moves every year in WA.
“We have an easy sign-up process, but we know the whole process of moving is a pain,” Mr Campbell said.
“Discounts are also becoming less of a drawcard as the gap between retailers narrows, so we thought we’d build on our discounts and do something new and useful for our customers.
“Initially we’ll have one free move a day between Monday and Friday when available, or a discount if the truck is not available, but if it becomes really popular then we may look at expanding the offer.”
To take advantage of this deal, Alinta Energy customers will need to complete a booking request online. The removalist company will then be in touch two to three business days later to organise a suitable moving date and time. If a truck isn’t available, customers will be offered a moving truck at a discounted rate.
For full terms and conditions of Alinta’s moving deal, visit their website.
Other Gas Offers in WA
In WA, customers don’t have a whole lot of choices when it comes to picking a gas supplier compared to the eastern states. But, there are some fairly decent gas plans on offer if you’re looking to switch gas providers.
Kleenheat currently has three offers for WA customers, all of which have generous discounts included. Eligible RAC members may also be able to claim a further discount.
- Standard Form Contract: 12.5% discount off gas usage charges for paying on time.
- Monthly Smart Saver: 25% guaranteed discount off gas usage charges for paying by direct debit.
- Monthly Energiser: 35% discount off gas usage charges for 24 months when paying via direct debit.
- AGL Savers: 43% discount off gas usage charges when paying on time.
- AGL Set and Forget: 44% discount off gas usage charges for 24 months for direct debit payment.
Origin needs no formal introduction given its scale of retail operations across Australia. In WA, the retailer has three gas plans to choose from.
- Origin Supply: Basic plan with no discounts.
- Origin Flexi Usage: 28% guaranteed discount off gas usage charges for 12 months for signing up to e-billing and communication.
- Origin Max Saver Usage: 35% guaranteed discount off gas usage charges for one year for e-billing and paying by direct debit.
Up-and-coming energy provider, Simply Energy, is another company steering towards discounts on two of its gas plans in WA.
- Simply Plus: 40% discount off gas usage charges for 24 months when paying bills on time.
- Simply Movies Plus: 15% pay on time discount off gas usage charges, plus 16 free traditional cinema tickets or eight Gold Class tickets over two years.
With the capital city in its name, Perth Energy is a local business electricity and gas provider. It has three offers in market for business customers to choose from.
- Easy Energy – Small: Up to 40% discount on standard business tariffs over 12 months. Suitable for businesses using less than 999 gigajoule (GJ) of gas per year.
- Easy Energy – Medium: Up to 40% discount on standard business tariffs for one year. Suitable for businesses using more than 1 terajoule (TJ) of gas per year.
- Custom Gas: Tailored gas plan suitable for larger businesses who use more than 10 TJ of gas.