Note: Since this article’s publication Telstra has changed many details of its phone plan offerings. 36-month device plans are no longer available from the telco. Some devices mentioned in this article may also no longer be available from the telcos mentioned below.
If you’ve been waiting for Boxing Day to snap up a smartphone bargain, both telcos and manufacturers are giving customers limited-time holiday discounts. And while there’s no major iPhone specials on offer, there’s plenty of deals on Samsung and Android devices, including hundreds of dollars slashed from premium Galaxy smartphones.
We’ve rounded up several of the biggest promotions on offer during the Christmas and New Year period, including deals from Telstra, Optus, and Woolworths Mobile. Most of these offers will go live either Christmas Day or Boxing Day, so check back throughout the day if your deal of choice isn’t yet available.
Telstra Boxing Day deals
Telstra is cutting device payment prices on a range of popular high-end smartphones and tablets, including the Samsung Galaxy S10 5G and OPPO Reno 5G. We’ve outlined the full details of Telstra’s Boxing Day offers in a separate article, but here’s what you can save at a glance:
- OPPO Reno 5G: $30 per month over 36 months (save $432)
- Samsung Galaxy S10 5G (256GB): $40 per month over 36 months (save $576)
- LG V50 ThinQ: $30 per month over 36 months (save $648)
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ 128GB: $32 per month over 36 months (save $360)
- Google Pixel 4 (64GB & 128GB): save $216 on any plan. Includes a bonus Google Nest Hub
- iPhone XS Max 64GB: $38 per month over 36 months (save $432)
- Google Pixel 3 range: save $360 on any plan
- LG GS8 ThinQ: $28 per month over 36 months (save $216)
- Apple iPad Air 3 (64GB): $23.33 per month over 36 months (save $144)
- Samsung Tab S6: $32.08 per month over 36 months (save $144)
All of the above offers are available through to 13 January, 2020. If you’re interested in a 24-month phone plan, Telstra offers a range of feature-packed options for all major devices, including the in-demand Google Pixel 4.
The following table shows a selection of 24-month Telstra plans for the 64GB Google Pixel 4 on Canstar Blue’s database, listed in order of cost, from the lowest to highest and then by data allowance, largest to smallest. Use our comparison tool to see plans from a range of other providers. This is a selection of products with links to a referral partner.
Woolworths Mobile Boxing Day deals
We’ve covered Woolworths Mobile’s Boxing Day deals in this article, but the supermarket telco is cutting prices on a range of Samsung devices this Christmas. From 25 December, 2019 to 1 January, 2020, you can save on the following phones:
- Samsung Galaxy S10e (128GB): save $288
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ (256GB): save $180
- Samsung Galaxy A70: save $80
The following table shows published 24-month 128GB Samsung Galaxy S10e plans from Woolworths Mobile on Canstar Blue’s database, listed in order of cost, from the lowest to highest and then by data allowance, largest to smallest. Use our comparison tool to see plans from a range of other providers. This is a selection of products with links to a referral partner.
Optus Boxing Day deals
Who needs Santa when you have Optus? The telco is currently offering limited-time bonuses with selected smartphones, all of which are open to eligible new customers between now and January 20, 2020. Gifts are available with the following devices on Optus plans:
- Samsung Galaxy S10 5G: Receive a free pair of AKG Wireless Headphones, valued at $499
- Google Pixel 4: Receive a free Harman/Kardon speaker, valued at $299
- Huawei P30 Pro: Receive a free $150 Digital Prepaid MasterCard
- Huawei P30: Receive a free $100 Digital Prepaid MasterCard
All of the above freebies are available while stocks last, and to customers picking up any of the selected smartphones on a 24-month or 36-month Optus payment plan. You can combine your device with Optus’ recently-revamped postpaid plans, which begin at $39 per month for 10GB of data.
Samsung Boxing Day deals
Samsung biggest offer celebrates the ten-year anniversary of the game-changing Galaxy device range. For a limited time, you can bundle the 256GB Galaxy Note 10+ with Samsung’s Galaxy Watch Active2 (40mm) and several most-wanted accessories: a pair of silver Galaxy Buds, a silicone Note 10+ phone cover, and both sport and leather Galaxy Watch bands. Normally priced at over $2,800 when sold separately, Samsung is offering all six products for the bundle price of $2,147.
If you’d prefer not to pay hundreds upfront for your new Galaxy Note 10+, you can also take home the device on a 12, 24, or 36-month plan from Optus, Telstra, Vodafone, TeleChoice, or Woolworths Mobile.
The following table shows a selection of 24-month plans for the 256GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ on Canstar Blue’s database, listed in order of cost, from the lowest to highest and then by data allowance, the largest to smallest. Use our comparison tool to see plans from a range of other providers. This is a selection of products with links to a referral partner.