Version: 04 Aug 20¬20
A. Canstar Blue Media use and content
The information provided in the Canstar Blue Media is a guide only and may not be complete for your purposes. Canstar Blue does not warrant the accuracy of any information on Canstar Blue Media and recommend that you confirm it with third party product providers before acting on it. Third party product and service information is for information purposes only and must be confirmed with the company quoted. Survey results reflect the survey respondents’ subjective opinions of the product or service under consideration.
If Canstar Blue requests that you stop using the Canstar Blue Media, you must immediately comply with that request.
B. Liability disclaimer
Canstar Blue gives no warranty in relation to statements and information contained in the Canstar Blue Media and disclaims all liability to the fullest extent possible under the laws of Australia arising from any persons using the Canstar Blue Media or acting on the information and statements contained therein. You agree that you use the Canstar Blue Media at your own risk and subject to these terms and conditions. Canstar Blue assumes no responsibility or obligation to provide updates on any published statement or report. Where the law implies conditions or warranties that are not able to be excluded, Canstar Blue’s liability shall be limited to the re-supply of the information provided on the Canstar Blue Media.
This website is owned by Canstar Blue and subject to copyright. This website may also contain third party supplied material that is subject to copyright. Canstar Blue takes no responsibility for the use of information provided on the Canstar Blue Media. Except as permitted by the Copyright Act 1968, you may not reproduce, transmit, disseminate, sell, or publish information on the Canstar Blue Media without prior written permission from Canstar Blue, provided that you may use the information for your private or internal purposes. You may not copy or use any of the graphics or other elements of any Canstar Blue Media (including look and feel) within another website or other medium. You may link to the Canstar Blue Media by text link only, and not within a frame in your website.
Any company and product names mentioned on our website are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. If a trademark owner prefers not to have its logo displayed, please let us know at email@example.com and we will change it to plain text.
This website may contain links directly to other websites (“Link” or “Linked Website”) or via an affiliated marketing network. Such Links do not constitute an endorsement or recommendation of any material on those linked websites or any third party products and services offered by, from or through Linked Websites. Linked Websites are independently owned and Canstar Blue has no control over their content. Canstar Blue is not responsible for and shall not be liable to any party in relation to the use or content of a Linked Website. You must take your own precautions to ensure that Linked Websites are free from viruses or other potentially damaging material.
E. User contributions to Canstar Blue Media
If you post a contribution to any of Canstar Blue’s feedback, blog, comment facilities or forum pages, you agree to the rules set out below (‘Rules’). If you breach the Rules, our webmaster may delete the post, suspend your ability to post, or ban you from posting altogether. The webmaster may use its absolute discretion when taking action in relation to these rules.
The rules apply to anything that you can enter into a field or be published on any Canstar Blue Media (e.g. user name, post content, post responses).
1.Content you cannot post on Canstar Blue Media:
2. Removal of material
3. Complaints about user contributions and posts
Canstar Blue takes complaints seriously and we will act upon all complaints received provided that the relevant information has been provided.
If you do not provide your name and contact details with the complaint we may treat it as vexatious and not act on it.
We aim to deal with complaints promptly but we cannot guarantee that we will read your complaint and act on it within a particular timeframe.
F. Customer feedback
Reviews or comments will not be posted on the Canstar Blue website if they contain any of the following:
Removal of material
Complaints about reviews or comments
G. Canstar Blue Legal Threats Policies
Our policy in relation to legal threats and demands made against Canstar Blue is at our Legal Threats Policy page.
Canstar Blue does not represent that any information (including any file) (‘Information’) obtained through any Canstar Blue Media is free from faults or defects, including computer viruses or similar malignant code. It is your responsibility to scan any such files to ensure that they are safe for your use. Canstar Blue will not be liable to you or any other person for any loss or damage (however caused) and whether by negligence or otherwise, which may result directly or indirectly from any such information. To the extent that liability may not be excluded, Canstar Blue’s liability shall be limited (at its choice) to the re-supply of the relevant Information, or the cost of re-supply of the relevant Information.
I. Canstar Blue Customer terms and conditions applicable to Information Partner services
You agree with us that:
1. You acknowledge that the comparison, product and/or quoting information you have requested is provided by the third party supplier identified on the Canstar Blue page containing the link to these terms and conditions (“Information Partner”);
2. By clicking the action button (e.g. “Apply Now”, “Visit Site”, “Get Quote”, “Details”, “Search”, “View Plans”, “Proceed”), or by clicking on a hyperlinked brand or company name, you are requesting that Canstar Blue submit your request for information to the Information Partner. You may also contact the Information Partner directly if a phone number is shown on the Canstar Blue page;
3. If you proceed to purchase a product from an information provider, you will deal directly with the information provider. Canstar Blue makes no representation and gives no warranty to you about the suitability or quality of/or any other matter in relation to, the product you purchase.
4. The Information Partner is not our employee, contractor or agent and we will have no liability to you in relation to your dealings with the Information Partner including any advice or recommendations it may make, or in relation to any product or service you may acquire from it;
5. You will make all arrangements in relation to services you require from the Information Partner or in relation to their services;
6. We may receive a fee from the Information Partner if you acquire products or services from them;
7. We make no recommendation to you about the skills, expertise or suitability of the Information Partner for your purposes;
8. We may contact you to seek your response to a survey in relation to your dealings with the Information Partner;
10. “We” and “us” means CANSTAR Blue Pty Limited A.C.N 142 285 434
J. General Terms and Conditions of Promotions
The following document (“General Terms and Conditions”) covers all promotions and competitions run by Canstar Blue Pty Ltd ACN 142 285 434 (“Canstar Blue”) of Level 21, 143 Turbot Street, Brisbane, QLD, 4000 (“Promoter”) on its website, Facebook and Instagram. The information about each specific promotion set out in the relevant Promotion Schedule (“Promotion Schedule”) forms part of this agreement. The Promotion Schedule can be found on the Canstar Blue website, at https://www.canstarblue.com.au/terms-and-conditions/.
1. The following General Terms & Conditions apply to all competitions, giveaways and promotions (“Promotion/s”) run by the Promoter and each Promotion Schedule is incorporated into and forms a part of the General Terms and Conditions.
2. If a Promotion Schedule applies to a Promotion then for the purposes of that Promotion, these General Terms and Conditions apply subject to the terms of the applicable Promotion Schedule. To the extent of any conflict between these General Terms and Conditions and a Promotion Schedule, the Promotion Schedule will prevail.
3. The Entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these General Terms & Conditions and the Promotion Schedule and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these General Terms & Conditions and the Promotion Schedule.
4. Each Promotion commences and closes at the time and on the date shown in item 2 of the applicable Promotion Schedule (“Promotion Period”). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
5. Information on how to enter a Promotion will be set out in item 3 of the applicable Promotion Schedule for each Promotion.
6. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
7. If, for any reason, any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
8. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
Entries and Entry Process
9. Each individual who enters into a Promotion on the Canstar Blue website or on Facebook or Instagram is called an “Entrant.”
10. All Entrants must be Australian residents.
11. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age.
12. Employees of any company in the Canstar group (including the Promoter), and immediate family members (spouse/partner, children, parents) of employees, are ineligible to participate in any Promotion.
13. Only one entry is permitted per Entrant.
14. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and verify the authenticity of entries and the details of each Entrant (including an Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any person for tampering with the entry process. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
15. The Prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
16. A Promotion is not available for use with any other discount, special offer or promotion.
17. To be eligible for a Promotion, and in order to make a valid submission under the Promotion, an Entrant must, during the Promotion Period, meet all of the requirements set out in item 3 (if applicable) of the relevant Promotion Schedule.
Facebook and/or Instagram Promotions
18. If a Promotion is being run on Facebook and/or Instagram, Entrants who take up the offer to enter the Promotion are taken to agree to these General Terms and Conditions and to the applicable Promotion Schedule. Each Entrant expressly acknowledges that:
a) the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Instagram, and
b) by entering and participating in the Promotion, the Entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook and/or Instagram from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to:
(i) the Entrant’s participation in the Promotion, or
(ii) the Entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)).
Prizes and Prize Winners
19. The draw will be in relation to one prize (“Prize”).
20. Details of the Prize will be set out in item 5 of the Promotion Schedule.
21. The Promoter may, at its discretion, substitute the Prize (or a portion of the Prize) depending on availability, for a similar Prize of equal or greater subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
22. No part of a Prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize, or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
23. Unless otherwise specified, a Prize is a single event for the winner (and where relevant their guests) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
24. The winner of the Prize (“Prize Winner”) will be selected by a procedure set out in item 6 of the Promotion Schedule for each competition. The selection will take place at the time and date set out in item 6 of the Promotion Schedule.
25. Where a Prize is or includes an appliance, the Prize Winner acknowledges that Canstar Blue is not the manufacturer or supplier of the appliance, and agrees not to make any claims or complaints about the appliance against Canstar Blue.
26. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner (and where relevant their guests) may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving the Prize.
27. Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Promoter must tell Entrants when it collects personal information about them and how it plans to use it.
28. If an Entrant chooses to enter or take part in the Promotion, the Entrant may be required to provide the Promoter with personal information such as the Entrant’s name, email address, age and postcode. The Promoter may use this information for future marketing purposes regarding its products, including contacting the Entrant electronically. The Promoter may disclose Entrants’ personal information to third party clients or partners of the Promoter if Entrants opt-in to allow that disclosure. The Promoter collects personal information about Entrants to enable them to participate in this Promotion and may disclose the Entrants’ personal information to third parties, including its contractors and agents, prize suppliers and service providers, to assist in conducting this Promotion, and to the State and Territory lottery departments as required under the relevant lottery legislation.
30. Any personal details provided incorrectly to the Promoter may be deemed by the Promoter as an invalid submission.
31. Throughout the Promotional Period, the Promoter may at their absolute discretion contact some Entrants via email to further discuss the details of that person’s entry. Any contact is not indicative of an Entrant’s standing in the competition, and does in no way indicate whether or not that Entrant has been selected as a Contestant/Finalist/Winner.
32. The Prize Winner will be notified by the email address provided during the Promotion entry process, within 2 working days of being determined.
33. Results may be published on the Promoter’s website or any other publication.
34. Should the Winner not claim their prize within five business days of being notified, the Promoter may, at its discretion, re-determine a new Winner by a random draw which will take place between 10:00am and 12:00pm AEST on the sixth business day at Level 21, 143 Turbot Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000.
35. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Prize as a result of the Promotion.
36. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to change these General Terms and Conditions, and to change the Promotion Schedule details for each Promotion.
37. All enquiries relating to any Promotion can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
38. By entering a Promotion,
39. Comments made on Canstar Blue social media pages (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) by social media users may be used by Canstar Blue for promotional purposes, including but not limited to on the website www.canstarblue.com.au.
40. If applicable, the permit(s) identified in Item 8 of the Promotion Schedule will apply to the Promotion. The conditions of the permit(s) will prevail over these General Terms and Conditions and any Promotion Schedule to the extent of any inconsistency.