ILVE Dishwashers Review & Guide
Influenced by Italian hand craftsmanship, ILVE has cooked up a range of kitchen essentials for homes and restaurants for more than 60 years. And since the kitchen can get messy, the brand also offers a 60cm Wide Built-in Dishwasher to help you clean up after dinner. Other items in the products range include freestanding cookers, built-in ovens, cooktops, range hoods, BBQs, microwaves, wine cellars, coffee machines and refrigerators.
ILVE 60cm Wide Built-in Dishwasher
Featuring a turbo drying system and touch control, the ILVE 60cm Wide Built-in Dishwasher comes with 15 place settings and has a stainless steel interior and door panel.
With features like a height adjustable upper basket, adjustable door hinge and easy-reel feet height adjustment, this model has a number of functions you can customise to suit your needs. To personalise the space inside the machine for easier storage or cleaning, there are also features like the tablet wash program, stainless steel removable filter, collapsible racks on the lower level, easy-slide cutlery baskets and a third layer cutlery basket.
The ILVE 60cm Wide Built-in Dishwasher has eight programs, including:
- Auto: auto sensing wash function suitable for different types of dishes with varying amount of food residue
- Intensive: suitable for casserole dishes, pots, and other types of dishes which have a large amount of food residue which has dried and stuck to the dish
- Heavy: cleans and dries items such as pots, plates, glasses with a larger amount of food or drink residue, as well as lightly soiled pans
- ECO: cleans pans containing minimal soil as well as different types of items such as plates, glasses, bowls with a ‘normal’ level of residue
- Glass: washes crockery and glass objects which are lightly soiled
- 90 min: suitable for objects with a small amount of food or drink and do not require drying
- Rapid: suitable for dishes with minimal residue that only need a shorter wash time and do not need drying
- Soak: rinses dishes to be washed later.
The brand claims the upper basket in the machine is suitable for delicate dishes and lighter items like glasses, tea cups, saucers and shallow pans. Larger objects such as pots, pans, lids and serving dishes as well as hard to clean objects are similarly said to achieve more effective results if placed in the lower basket.
But all this comes at a cost – usually close to $900, according to Appliances Online.
Should I buy the ILVE dishwasher?
Whether you’re a home cook or a professional chef, ILVE offers a wide selection of appliances to help you in the kitchen. Some of these include freestanding cookers, built-in ovens, cooktops, range hoods, BBQs, microwaves, wine cellars, coffee machines and refrigerators. But when things get messy in the kitchen, the brand offers a 60cm Wide Built-in Dishwasher to help you clean up.
With 15 place settings, the model could be an ideal option for families and large households. If you’re someone with a busy schedule or live in a house where everyone tends to eat at different times of the day, programs such as ‘soak’ and ’90 min’ also make this appliance worth considering as they allow you to wash up when it suits you.
Whether you’re sold on the ILVE dishwasher or not, find out which brands are rated highest by Aussie consumers via the link below.
About the author of this page
This report was written by Canstar Blue’s Home & Lifestyle Content Lead, Megan Birot. She’s an expert on household appliances, health & beauty products, as well as all things grocery and shopping. When she’s not writing up our research-based ratings reports, Megan spends her time helping consumers make better purchase decisions, whether it’s at the supermarket, other retailers, or online, highlighting the best deals and flagging anything you need to be aware of.