The battle of the supermarkets has just gotten a bit frostier, with Coles launching its first-ever Best Buys Ski Ready range in what looks like a bid to overtake ALDI on providing for the slopes.
Coles is offering a wide variety of ski gear – including men’s, women’s and kids’ pants, jackets, helmet, goggles, gloves and skis – from June 5, with prices starting from $19.
The items are available online only, with free delivery on the entire Ski Ready range, which Coles pointed out allowed customers to “beat the queues and have their ski essentials delivered straight to their door”.
The Coles sale comes a month after ALDI’s popular Snow Gear Special Buys hit the middle aisle, having been cancelled in 2022 due to supply issues. Arguably the most popular of ALDI’s Special Buys events, the Snow Gear sale is renowned for causing queues at the budget supermarket.
As well as one-upping ALDI by offering delivery, Coles’ sale promises to outfit a family of four for a snow holiday for less than ALDI claims to be able to do so.
“Aussie families can deck out their family of four with high-quality gear including apparel, helmets, goggles, and gloves for just $850,” Deb Galle, Coles’ General Manager for Health and Home, said. “Coles Best Buys is all about making everyday homewares and tech more affordable for our customers – and now we’re taking it to the slopes, giving customers amazing value on ski apparel, accessories and equipment for the first time ever.”
By comparison, ALDI said that its Snow Gear Special Buys allowed a family of four to be fully kitted-out for just under $1,000. Coles’ ski gear is supplied by Decathlon, the French sporting goods company.
Coles’ Best Buys Ski Ready range includes:
- Decathlon Wedze Men’s Pants – $59
- Decathlon Wedze Women’s Pants – $59
- Decathlon Wedze Men’s Jacket – $59
- Decathlon Wedze Women’s Jacket – $59
- Decathlon Wedze Men’s Base Layer Top – $29
- Decathlon Wedze Women’s Base Layer Top – $29
- Decathlon Wedze Men’s Base Layer Bottom – $29
- Decathlon Wedze Women’s Base Layer Bottom – $29
- Decathlon Wedze Adult Helmet Unisex – $65
- Decathlon Wedze Kids’ Ski Helmet – $45
- Decathlon Wedze Kids’ & Adult Snow Goggles – $49
- Decathlon Wedze Adult Downhill Ski Gloves – $19
- Decathlon Wedze Kids’ Pants – $35
- Decathlon Wedze Girls’ Jacket – $45
- Decathlon Wedze Boys’ Jacket – $45
- Decathlon Wedze Boost 500 Safety Alpine Ski Poles – $69
- Decathlon Wedze Cross 950+ Alpine Skis – $899
While ALDI’s latest Snow Gear Sale offered thermal underwear, mittens, beanies and scarfs, plus a snow sled for just $9.99, Coles’ version includes skis and poles, allowing for a one-stop-shop for those keen to bypass the equipment hire shop on their way to the slopes.
Want to save more at Coles?
The following table shows all published Coles prepaid phone plans on Canstar Blue’s database, listed in order of cost, from the lowest to highest. Use our comparison tool to see plans from a range of other providers. This is a selection of products with links to a referral partner.
Photo Credit: Coles