If you’ve just come out of a lengthy phone contract or you’re just looking for the next best deal, a SIM only plan may be a great way to save some money and get access to a plan that packs a punch. Optus provides many postpaid plans across both month-to-month and 12 month contracts. If you’re sick of spending thousands on the latest iPhone plan, an Optus SIM only deal might be your best bet.
A SIM only plan means you bring your own phone to the party and the telco you go with provides a SIM card, so you can simply ‘plug and play’. This makes it possible to use an older device or buy your phone outright, which may work out cheaper in the long term. You can also do this with a prepaid phone plan, but in this article we’ll focus on postpaid plans. Read on to see what Optus has to offer and how it stacks up against other SIM only providers.
Optus SIM Only Postpaid Plans
Optus has quite a few different postpaid SIM only plans for the taking, with the best deals usually found on 12 month plans, but the better flexibility comes with month-to-month plans.
- Keep an eye out for things like data-free music streaming, unmetered Netflix, bonus data, Optus Sport, National Geographic streaming and more.
There’s a lot to say about Optus, so let’s see what it offers below.
Optus 12 Month SIM Only Plans
- $35 for 6GB
- $35 for 30GB and up to 300 international minutes (promo plan)
- $45 for 50GB and unlimited calls and texts to 35 countries (promo plan)
- $65 for 80GB and unlimited calls and texts to 35 countries (promo plan)
- All plans come with unlimited national calls & texts
- All are billed monthly
If you’re not a commitment-phobe and not afraid of sticking around for a while, then Optus rewards its customers with big data limits for a comparatively small price. This especially applies if you can budget $45 or more.
- Other perks include data-free music and TV streaming on selected apps, Optus Sport and National Geographic and in some cases bonus data to make the commute more enjoyable.
Optus certainly provides strong incentive to shack up for 12 months, but you will need to consider what phone plans will look like in a year’s time. What looks good today could be a dog’s breakfast tomorrow. This is what you can get from Optus right now.
Optus Month-to-Month SIM Only Plans
- $45 for 3GB
- $55 for 15GB
- $65 for 25GB
- $75 for 40GB
- All come with unlimited national calls & texts
- All are billed monthly
For those who perhaps favour flexibility over the most competitive prices, Optus’ month-to-month SIM only plans may be a go. They’re priced similarly to Optus’ 12 month plans, but may feature less data and less bonuses overall.
- Data-free music streaming and mobile TV streaming are both available for an extra $5 per month.
Is an Optus SIM Only plan worth the money?
Optus has quite a few SIM only plans to satisfy most budgets and needs. However, the question is, can you find a better deal elsewhere? As seen above, that answer may be yes, but it’s not so simple. Optus often includes tasty bonuses such as data-free music and TV streaming, as well as Optus Sport and National Geographic subscription. The data-free streaming is the most noteworthy, especially considering Optus often lacks in the data department compared to low-cost providers. Overall, Optus has a series of fairly competitive plans in the SIM only space, but if you’re after the most data you can get for your money, several other providers are also worth a look.