Review of Musashi Protein Supplements
Since being established in 1987, Musashi has become one of Australia’s leading sports nutrition brands. It offers a full spectrum of sport nutrition products from amino acid blends to protein powders. Musashi is driven by innovation and aims to provide high quality ingredients throughout its range. It prides itself on supporting the performance needs of all kinds of athletes, from the everyday level to the elite. Here is our guide on Musashi protein supplements, which can be found in local health stores, gyms and online.
What protein powders does Musashi offer?
Although there are many protein types on the market, Musashi only offers whey protein type powders.
- Musashi Bulk Extreme Protein Powder boasts 50g of protein per serve. It is designed for bulk mass gaining and in particular for fast metabolisms and thin builds. The two flavours offered are Choc Mint and Chocolate Thickshake. Standard packaging sizes are 810g, 2.25kg and 3.42kg.
- Musashi Bulk Protein Powder is also offered, as a more regular form that provides 26g of protein per serve but still is specifically designed for fast metabolisms. There are a few other flavours offered in this formula – Chocolate Milkshake, Banana Smoothie and Vanilla Milkshake.
- Musashi P30 High Protein Powder delivers 30g of protein per serve and contains amino acids to support muscle development and an active lifestyle. There are three flavour options for Musashi P30 High Protein Powder – Creamy Vanilla, Iced Chocolate and Strawberry Smoothie. Standard packaging sizes are 375g and 900g.
- Musashi Natural Protein Powder is unflavoured and delivers 24g of protein per serve. It is formulated to be low in carbohydrates and is sweetened with stevia. Musashi Natural Protein Powder combines pomegranate, blueberry and apple pectin designed to help improve inner health and wellbeing. This may be a consideration for those looking for a more natural source of whey protein without artificial additives. Musashi recommends this protein powder as an aid for muscle growth and recovery after exercise for those with a balanced diet. Standard packaging sizes are 672g and 1.38kg.
- Musashi Lean WPI Protein Powder provides 24g of protein per serve in either Chocolate or Vanilla flavour. Musashi Lean WPI Protein Powder is formulated to help build and maintain lean muscle growth when used in combination with resistance training. Standard packaging sizes are 900g and 1.9kg.
- Musashi P20 Low Carb Protein Powder provides 20g of protein per serve. It is reduced in carbohydrates and incorporates glutamine as the amino acid element. Musashi P20 Low Carb Protein Powder is offered in two flavours: Iced Chocolate or Creamy Vanilla. Standard packaging size is 850g.
- Musashi Shred and Burn Protein provides 20g of protein and is formulated to be low in carbohydrates. Musashi Shred and Burn Protein combines garcinia extract and theobroma cocoa, designed to increase metabolism and burn excess fat. It is only available in Chocolate flavour. Musashi recommends this product to help trigger muscle development during resistance training as well as muscle recovery post exercise. Standard packaging sizes are a choice of 340g, 714g, 1.6kg or 3.06kg.
What protein bars does Musashi offer?
For a protein treat to grab on the go, Musashi offers several varieties of protein bars. Musashi protein bars are a blend of whey protein, soy protein, and calcium caseinate.
- Musashi P45 High Protein Bar boasts 45g of protein per serve. It is available in Choc Nut, Chocolate Brownie, Cookies and Cream or Salted Caramel flavour. P45 High Protein bar is designed as an after workout snack or just a pick-me-up during the day. Standard size is a 90g bar, which comes in boxes of 12.
- Musashi Bulk Mass Gain Deluxe Protein Bar provides 33g of protein per serve and is formulated to be a high energy bar. Currently one flavour is available – Chocolate Peanut. It is designed for post training recovery or as a boost throughout the day. Standard size is a 90g bar, sold individually.
- Musashi Bulk Mass Gain Protein Bar provides 27g of protein per serve and is claimed to help repair muscle tissue. It comes in Chocolate flavour. Standard size is an 80g bar, sold individually.
- Musashi Growling Dog Bar boasts 26% protein per serve and includes creatine to help gain and maintain lean muscle tissue. There are two flavour options of Chocolate or Apricot. Standard size is a 65g bar, which comes in boxes of 12.
- Musashi Shred and Burn Protein Bar delivers 20g of protein per serve. It contains garcinia cambogia, green tea extract and L-carnitine. Shred and Burn Protein Bar is offered in Choc Mint or Espresso Hazelnut flavour. Standard size is a 60g bar, sold individually (with minimum of 12 bars for online orders).
- Musashi P8 Low Carb Protein Bar provides 8g of protein and is designed to give a chocolate hit without the guilt. There are four flavour options – Creamy Berry, Dark Chocolate Coconut, Milk Choc Fudge and Tiramisu. Standard size is a 30g bar, which comes in boxes of 12.
What Ready to Drink Supplements does Musashi offer?
Musashi does have one ready to drink option, which is the Musashi P30 UHT Drink. It is made from calcium caseinate and whey protein, which all up provides 30g of protein. Musashi P30 UHT Drink is aimed to help boost recovery after workouts. There are several flavour options including:
- Banana Smoothie
- Creamy Vanilla
- Iced Chocolate
- Iced Coffee
Standard size is 375ml, which comes in packs of 12.
Musashi Shipping and Returns Policy
There are no refunds or exchanges offered for a change of mind. If a Musashi product has been damaged in transit, you will need to contact the Musashi Online Customer Care Team within 48 hours to organise a replacement.
All Musashi orders are dispatched within 1 business day after receiving a confirmed order and payment. If an order is received before 12pm, Musashi is committed to send out the order on the same day. Musashi products are shipped from a Melbourne-based manufacturing facility. You are also able to track your order online and arrange for parcels to be left at your front door.
Musashi delivers to PO Boxes and all postcodes within Australia. It offers a flat rate of $9.95 for all orders and free postage for all orders over the value of $99.
Musashi offers a free online membership which provides exclusivediscounts and offers on Musashi products, and gives access to competitions and promotions.
Should I choose Musashi protein supplements?
Musashi is one of the leading brands in Australia for sport nutrition and is in the high end category. If you’re looking into undertaking serious training for bulk gains, Musashi may have a good protein supplement for you. There seems to be a focus on quality over quantity in the range, with Musashi only offering protein powders made from whey protein, which is the most common type (but isn’t vegan friendly). Nevertheless, it covers most protein categories from pre to post workout supplements. When deciding which protein supplements to choose from, you may like to have a look at Musashi’s website which includes customer reviews for its products, as well as our ratings that may help you to compare Musashi against other protein supplement brands.
About the author of this page
This report was written by Canstar Blue’s Content Projects Lead, Dean Heckscher. He’s our resident expert on all things automotive, health & fitness, streaming and more. Dean is also one of Canstar Blue’s customer research report producers, helping to turn complicated subjects into easily-digestible information for our readers. He’s passionate about helping consumers make better-informed purchase decisions on all manner of consumer goods and services.