LG Refrigerators Review & Guide
Are you stuck chilling with a fridge that’s too old to cool more than two shelves worth of items? LG serves up a mighty collection of high-end refrigerators, offering you everything from the classic white top-mount fridge to more modern French Door fridges with hidden buttons and the brand’s InstaView Door-in-Door feature. Check out what this major appliance brand has to offer with our guide below.
What fridges does LG offer?
LG has a variety of refrigerators on its menu, from small capacity fridges for just $749 to seriously large refrigerators packing 910L worth of storage space for $5,499. Available in a variety of styles and finishes, the different types of fridges available include:
- Side By Side Fridges
- Bottom-Mount Fridges
- Top-Mount Fridges
- French Door Fridges
LG Side By Side Fridges
Make it easier to grab and go with a side-by-side refrigerator, which provides a freezer on the left and a fridge on the right for easier access to food. LG’s range of fridges retail between $1,799 and 2,799, with many of the models suitable for mid-size households and potentially larger families.
- LG 687L Side by Side Fridge with 3 Star Energy Rating GS-B680WL: $1,799 (RRP)*
- LG 687L Side by Side Fridge with 3 Star Energy Rating GS-B680PL: $2,049 (RRP)*
- LG 668L Side by Side Fridge with Plumbed Ice & Water Dispenser GS-L668PL: $2,399 (RRP)*
- LG 668 Side by Side Fridge with Non Plumbed Ice & Water Dispenser GS-L668PNL: $2,399 (RRP)*
- LG 688L Side by Side Fridge with Non-Plumbed Ice & Water Dispenser GS-L668MBNL: $2,499 (RRP)*
- LG 665L Side by Side Fridge with Door-in-Door GS-D665PL: S2,799 (RRP)*
LG 665L Side by Side Fridge with Door-in-Door GS-D665PL
Got the case of the midnight munchies? Regularly find yourself walking to the kitchen for a glass of water and end up with a slice of leftover cheesecake? The Door-in-Door feature in refrigerators like the LG GS-D665PL allows you to easily access your favourite snacks and drinks with a single push of the ‘Hidden Button’. This is apparently designed to minimise up to 41% of cold air loss by reducing the amount of times the entire fridge capacity is exposed when opened.
But if you’re looking to keep your power bills low, this LG premium large capacity side-by-side fridge only has a 2.5 star energy efficiency rating and consumes 625kWh per year. So, be prepared to pay a fair amount in both the short-term and long-term costs. The LG 665L Side by Side Fridge with Door-in-Door offers 665L worth of storage, which includes 419L refrigerator capacity and 246L freezer capacity.
- Energy rating:5 stars (consumes 625kWh/yr)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 912mm x 738mm x 1790mm
- RRP: $2,799*
LG 687L Side by Side Fridge with 3 Star Energy Rating GS-B680WL
Stuffing your refrigerator with watermelon, ceramic crockery, wine bottles and other heavy items? This medium to large capacity side-by-side fridge uses tempered glass shelves and is supposedly ‘as strong, durable and less prone to cracking and breaking’ than refrigerators with regular glass. The LG 687L Side by Side Fridge with a 3 Star energy efficiency rating also features ‘BioShield’ technology to apparently prevent the growth of bacteria and mould, as well as maintain the integrity of the seals in order to keep a consistent interior temperature. This LG side-by-side refrigerator provides 422L refrigerator capacity and 256L freezer capacity.
- Energy rating: 3 stars (consumes 565kWh/yr)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 912mm x 733mm x 1790mm
- RRP: $1,799*
LG Bottom-Mount Fridges
Do you have trouble bending down to reach the crisper bin? Tend to use fresh veggies more than the frozen alternatives? LG has several bottom mount fridges available from $899 for smaller capacity refrigerators, with options retailing up to $1,799 for small to mid-size bottom mount fridges featuring the brand’s Door Cooling feature. The different models include:
- LG 310L Anti-fingerprint White Bottom Mount Fridge GB-310RWL: $899 (RRP)*
- LG 310L Anti-fingerprint Shiny Steel Bottom Mount Fridge GB-310RPL: $999 (RRP)*
- LG 454L Bottom Mount Fridge with Door Cooling GB-455UPLE: $1,099 (RRP)*
- LG 454L Bottom Mount Fridge with Door Cooling GB-455WL: $1,449 (RRP)*
- LG 450L Bottom Mount Fridge with Door Cooling 4 ½ Star Energy Rating GB-450UPLX: $1,499 (RRP)*
- LG 454L Bottom Mount Fridge with Door Cooling GB-455BTL: $1,499 (RRP)*
- LG 454 Bottom Mount Fridge with Door Cooling GB-455PL: $1,549 (RRP)*
- LG 454L Bottom Mount Fridge with Door Cooling GB-455MBL: $1,649 (RRP)*
- LG 454L Bottom Mount Fridge with Door Cooling GB-W455MBL: $1,799 (RRP)*
LG 310L Anti-fingerprint White Bottom Mount Fridge GB-310RWL
Do you tend to lose your cool when things aren’t sparkling clean? Consider getting your hands on the LG 310L Anti-fingerprint White Bottom Mount Fridge, which contains what the brand calls a BioShield Anti-Bacterial Seal. The LG GB-310RWL also has reversible hinged doors that can be adjusted to swing open to the right or left, potentially making it more convenient if you’re reorganising your kitchen or prefer to open your fridge from a particular side. This LG bottom mount fridge offers 187L refrigerator capacity and 123L freezer capacity.
- Energy rating: 4 stars (consumes 282kWh/yr)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 600mm x 645mm x 1737mm
- RRP: $899*
LG 450L Bottom Mount Fridge GB-450UPLX
Ever wish your fridge would tell you what its problem is whenever there’s some sort of malfunction? While it may be difficult to get the truth out of some family members, at least the LG 450L Bottom Mount Fridge ‘talk for itself’. The LG GB-450UPLX bottom mount fridge features the Smart Diagnosis function, which supposedly allows you to find a solution via the Smartphone app or by calling the LG Customer Information Centre.
This LG bottom mount fridge is one of the most energy efficient options in the range, and provides 295L of refrigerator capacity and 155L worth of freezer space. It also contains a retractable shelf to allow for easier accessibility and accommodate tall items, according to the brand.
- Energy rating:5 stars (consumes 299kWh/yr)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 700mm x 684mm x 1724mm
- RRP: $1,499*
LG Top-Mount Fridges
The classic top-mount fridge is a family favourite among Aussie households, especially if you’re not keen on constantly bending down to access the freezer or don’t actually reach for the compartment that much. Built with the freezer on top, these types of fridges from LG typically retail between $749 and $1,399, making it the cheapest and most affordable range of refrigerators from the brand. The models available include:
- LG 279L Top Mount Fridge with Door Cooling+ GT-279WDC: $749 (RRP)*
- LG 332L Top Mount Fridge with Door Cooling+ GT-332SDC: $909 (RRP)*
- LG 427L Top Mount Fridge in Dark Graphite Finish GT-427HPLE: $919 (RRP)*
- LG 516L Top Mount Fridge with Door Cooling+ GT-515WDC: $1149 (RRP)*
- LG 441L Top Mount Fridge with Door Cooling+ GT-442SDC: $1149 (RRP)*
- LG 441L Top Mount Fridge with Door Cooling+ GT-442WDC: $1049 (RRP)*
LG 279L Top Mount Fridge GT-279WDC
Do you often have trouble bending down to put the frozen veggies in the freezer? Think about purchasing a top mount fridge like this 279L unit from LG to help keep your most reached frozen goods at the top and the least necessary items towards the bottom of the main refrigerator cavity. The LG GT279WDC might be single households and couples, providing 207L fridge capacity and 72L worth of freezer space. It might also be a good option to consider if you have a small kitchen or looking for a more budget friendly option.
- Energy rating:5 stars (consumes 290kWh/yr)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 555mm x 620mm x 1665mm
- RRP: $749*
LG 516L Top Mount Fridge GT-515BTDC
If you’re shopping for a cool fridge to fit a minimalist or modern aesthetic, it’s probably unlikely the black finish and touch LED display on the 516L Top Mount Fridge will spoil your existing space. Function wise, the LG GT-515BTDC is said to be capable of cooling items in the door area up to 35% faster than certain LG fridges thanks to its Door Cooling system. This feature is described to help cool the front of the fridge and the door basket area by providing air vents which supposedly direct air flow in the door area. This LG top mount fridge also has an enclosed chilled compartment that’s apparently designed to minimise the need to freeze and defrost certain items by staying colder than the main refrigerator cavity.
If you’re looking to invest in a top mount fridge, this LG model is currently the most expensive in its wide range. Otherwise, there’s a handful of cheaper alternatives available. This 516L Top Mount Fridge comes with 316L refrigerator capacity and 155L freezer capacity.
- Energy rating: 4 stars (consumes 362kWh/yr)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 780mm x 730mm x 1730mm
- RRP: $1,399*
LG French Door Fridges
LG has a bunch of 3-door and 4-door versatile French Door fridges to suit a variety of households. These typically retail between $2,299 and $5,499, with mid-size and large family-size refrigerators available. Each model comes in a range of stylish finishes, including stainless steel, matte black, black stainless steel and black mirror glass.
To justify their high-end price tags, LG’s range of French Door fridges offer unique features such as InstaView Door-in-Door, Ice & Water Dispenser and Door Cooling technology. The different models include:
- LG 594L Slim French Door Fridge GF-B590PL: $2,299 (RRP)*
- LG 594L Slim French Door Fridge GF-B590MBL: $2,499 (RRP)*
- LG 570L Slim French Door Fridge GF-L570PL: $2,799 (RRP)*
- LG 570L Slim French Door Fridge GF-L570MBL: $2,999 (RRP)*
- LG 570L Slim French door Fridge with InstaView Door-in-Door GF-V570MBL: $3,799 (RRP)*
- LG 708L French Door Fridge GF-L708PL: $3,899 (RRP)*
- LG 725L French Door Fridge with Dual Door-in-Door GF-D725MBL: $3,999 (RRP)*
- LG 708: French door Fridge with Door-in-Door GF-D708BSL: $4,099 (RRP)*
- LG 708 French Door Fridge with Door-in-Door GF-D708MBSL: $4,299 (RRP)*
- LG 708L French Door Fridge with InstaView Door-in-door GF-V708BSL: $4,599 (RRP)*
- LG 708L French Door Fridge with InstaView Door-in-Door GF-V708MBSL: $4,799 (RRP)*
- LG 910 French Door Fridge with InstaView Door-in-Door GF-V910: $5,499 (RRP)*
LG 570L Slim French Door Fridge with InstaView Door-in-Door
Don’t let a small kitchen stop you from making big changes to your room. Consider refrigerators designed to suit compact spaces, such as the LG 570L Slim French Door Fridge. The brand states the LG GV-V570MBL can squeeze into alcoves as narrow as 850mm wide, keeping in mind the appliance measures 835mm with its doors closed. The LG fridge is also claimed to “keep food fresh for longer” thanks to its Inverter Linear Compressor, which supposedly keeps the “taste and appearance of fresh products for longer by reducing temperature fluctuations”.
The LG 570L Slim French Door Fridge offers a total of 570L worth of space, which include 310L refrigerator capacity, 250L freezer capacity and 10L ice maker capacity.
- Energy rating:5 stars (consumes 589kWh/yr)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 835mm x 734mm x 1787mm
- RRP: $3,799*
LG 594L Slim French Door Fridge GF-B590PL
If you’re looking for an affordable fridge and prefer to buy an LG appliance, the LG 594L Slim French Door Fridge is the most budget friendly option in the brand’s range of French Door refrigerators. This LG GF-B590PL unit comes with 594L total capacity, which includes a 344L refrigerator capacity and 250L freezer capacity.
Despite its lower price tag, this French Door fridge offers higher capacity than more expensive models and contains many of the same features. The fridge is also stated to have a slightly better energy rating than products like the LG 570L Slim French Door Fridge, which offers less total storage, which retails for $1,500 more than this model.
- Energy rating: 3 stars (consumes 490kWh/yr)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 835mm x 734mm x 1787mm
- RRP: $2,299*
Is an LG refrigerator worth the money?
Despite being originally called ‘Lucky’ appliances, LG’s reputation as one of the world’s most popular brands has been built on more than just pure luck. Our customer ratings show that this Korean brand is one of the top picks for Australians when it comes to refrigerators, with the brand scoring consistently well in categories such as ‘food freshness’ and ‘reliability’. LG has also fared pretty well in the ‘features’ category, which might not be too much of a surprise for some, especially considering it’s claimed to be the first to offer the first internet-capable fridge back in 2000.
But if you’re on a budget, you may be out of luck as LG doesn’t exactly provide many cheap fridges. Although you can get some small-capacity products like the LG 310L Anti-fingerprint White Bottom Mount Fridge for $899, or the LG 279L Top Mount Fridge which retails for $749.
Hungry for more options? Follow the link below to compare a variety of cool refrigerators from a number of brands including Mitsubishi Electric, Fisher & Paykel, Samsung and more.
*Prices taken from Appliances Online and respective retailers, correct as of July 2019
About the author of this page
This report was written by Canstar Blue’s Content Producer Luciana Lawe Davies. She writes about streaming, appliances and consumer products and services. Luciana enjoys bringing readers the best in what’s on TV and at the shops, including the best deals and latest reviews.
What do customers think about LG Refrigerators?
In 2019, Australian customers gave LG 4 out of 5 stars for overall customer satisfaction for refrigerators.