Review of Goodlife Health Clubs
Goodlife Health Clubs
Choosing the right gym should take into consideration exactly what you are looking for and if the particular club is able to offer this for you. Goodlife Health Clubs have started to provide 24/7 access across many of its gyms and a membership includes access to Goodlife at Home, an online portal that includes home workouts and recipes. There are also certain Goodlife gyms that have swimming facilities, while 30 locations offer Arena Fitness which is a coach-led HIIT, functional, and boxing training program. You will need to call your local Goodlife Health Club or visit the website to check for this.
Goodlife Health clubs caters for mothers with a ‘Mums and Bubs’ class as well as Active Kids class and child-minding facilities for children between the ages of 8 weeks and 12 years old at select clubs. Goodlife gyms also offer an ‘Active Adults’ class, which incorporates low impact exercise for those in their golden years.
Goodlife Health Programs
Along with its basic facilities and group fitness classes, Goodlife Health Clubs also offer several programs for a variety of health and fitness goals at an additional cost.
The new and improved version of the original 12 Week Challenge, the Goodlife 8 Week Challenge is open for pre-registration in January and begins in February. There are 2 categories including ‘Transformation’ and ‘Fitter Faster Stronger’, depending on your fitness level and goals.
- Transformation: This category is designed for first time challengers, featuring training programs for all levels, a personalised nutrition guide and an online community forum, among other things.
- Fitter Faster Stronger: This program is designed for those with a higher fitness level who are looking to improve their performance level across a range of categories. It also offers two levels of WOWs (workouts of the week) so that you can compete against others who are at a similar fitness level.
- Small group training: with a Personal Trainer
What facilities does Goodlife offer?
- Basic facilities include cardio and strength training equipment, group exercise classes and Personal Training
- Goodlife specific services include Arena Fitness, YogaBox, Reform Pilates, ‘Mums and Bubs’, Active Kids and Active Adults classes, and Hypoxi Studios
- Extra facilities include 24/7 access, child minding and swimming pools, depending on your location
How much does a Goodlife membership cost?
Goodlife membership prices vary depending on the membership type and your location. The price starts from $17.99 per week with an initial $99 admin fee. Goodlife memberships include:
- Blue: 18 month membership with access to one club and charges an additional coaching fee every 13 weeks
- Black: a 12 months membership with access to all clubs, including Arena Fitness clubs, YogaBox and Reform Pilates
- Platinum: an 18 month membership with access to all clubs, without Arena Fitness, YogaBox and Reform Pilates
Goodlife Health membership T&Cs
Those between the ages of 13-14 have restricted access with supervision. Children 15 years or older can join as a member with a guardian authorisation but may have restricted entry to certain areas without supervision.
Goodlife is currently offering a discount to help with your resolutions. If you join in January, you can get 4 weeks free on selected memberships.
Certain clubs are now 24/7. You will need to call your local Goodlife Health Clubs to check. The Black and Platinum memberships allow access to all Goodlife gyms. Other memberships allow access to other clubs for $20/visit. Non-members also have the option to visit a club for $20/visit.
Contract terms are available in 18 and 12 month packages, as well as short term casual memberships. If you are unsure if you can commit to Goodlife Health Clubs, it offers a free introductory pass to experience one of its gyms before making a decision. When going away, you are able to put a membership on hold 2-4 weeks per year with a weekly fee of $5, however, Platinum and Black members are entitled to one free suspension per year. You will need to notify your club at least 10 days prior.
There is a seven day cooling off period if you decide to change your mind about your membership, there may still be fees that apply. Goodlife requires a written cancellation request form to be completed. You will need to contact Goodlife Health Clubs for further details.
What group classes does Goodlife offer?
Goodlife Health Clubs offer a large variety of group fitness classes. For a full range of classes visit the Goodlife website or give your local Goodlife gym a call to find out if it offers the classes you are looking for. Some of the classes include:
- Tai Chi
- Cycle Class
- Boot Camp
- Body Attack
- Body Pump
- Aqua Class
Should I choose Goodlife Health Clubs?
There are a lot of factors to consider if Goodlife is right for you. You may like to contact your local Goodlife gym to discuss the details. Some key considerations to keep in mind when choosing a gym are the equipment and facilities it offers, as well as group training, staff availability and contract flexibility. You may also like to consider what the social atmosphere is like at Goodlife Health Clubs before making a choice. All this may add up to keeping you motivated to stay at a gym – or just the opposite.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock, Goodlife
About the author of this page
This report was written by Canstar Blue’s Content Projects Lead, Dean Heckscher. He’s our resident expert on all things automotive, health & fitness, streaming and more. Dean is also one of Canstar Blue’s customer research report producers, helping to turn complicated subjects into easily-digestible information for our readers. He’s passionate about helping consumers make better-informed purchase decisions on all manner of consumer goods and services.