Low on phone storage capacity and don’t want to delete anymore photos? Make room by erasing any unwanted, or barely used, apps taking up space. Keep in mind that Samsung smartphones come with default apps which are not intended to be deleted. However, these can be disabled. Follow our quick step guide on how to uninstall apps on your Samsung phone.
How can I see how much space I have left on my Samsung phone?
The number of installed apps you have on your phone doesn’t always give an accurate representation of how much space is actually still available. When it comes to apps, storage capacity generally depends on how much the specific app needs to operate.
To check how much free space is left, open your phone and tap on Apps. Then go to Device maintenance by selecting Settings. You should be able to see how much storage you have once you tap on Storage.
- The Best Music Apps for Android
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Plans compared
- Samsung confirms foldable smartphone launch
I want to delete apps on my Samsung phone: How do I do it?
There are different ways to delete apps from a Samsung phone. Here are a couple options to choose from:
- Go to the home screen and select the Apps icon.
- Tap on Settings to open up the Application manager. Some devices might need to take the extra step and access this feature via the Applications tab.
- Select the app you want to install and then tap uninstall.
- If the first option is too fiddly, you can alternatively erase the applications straight from the home screen.
- Open your phone to the home screen and tap on All Applications
- Go to Downloaded Apps.
- Select Menu and tap on Uninstall.
- Choose the app(s) you want to delete and then tap OK.
I hear I can’t delete Facebook on Samsung phones: What gives?
Removing Facebook from your phone used to be really simple. It only required accessing Applications Manager via Settings, selecting Facebook, and tapping Uninstall. But erasing the high-profile app is no longer so straightforward with some Samsung phones. That’s because Facebook has reportedly struck several deals with Samsung and other Android smartphone brands to make it impossible to delete the app. Some models apparently affected include the Samsung Galaxy S8.
Many Samsung users have given the brand a thumbs-down after finding out the popular social media platform isn’t always able to be removed, especially when Facebook has been the subject of multiple controversies involving security breaches and data privacy.
The social media giant claimed disabling Facebook in smartphones containing a pre-installed version of the app would ensure the company could no longer collect data or receive information from the user. While deleting the app isn’t always possible, choosing to disable it instead should have the same effect.
How can I disable default apps on a Samsung smartphone?
If your Samsung smartphone won’t let you remove an app, then you can at least disable it. This will hide the app and make it inaccessible – unless you choose to enable it by changing the settings in Application Manager.
Here’s how to disable a default app on your Samsung phone:
- Go to Settings and open Apps. This will bring up a list of all your applications.
- Tap the app you want to disable.
- Select the Disable option.
- A warning may appear saying: “Disabling built-in apps may cause errors in other apps.” You can choose to continue disabling the app by tapping Disable. Otherwise, you can tap Cancel.
Here’s how to bring back disabled apps:
- Open up the home screen and tap on Menu.
- Go to Settings and select General.
- Choose Application Manager, then swipe the Turned Off tab to show the list of disabled apps.
- Select the app you want to enable and tap Turn On.
And there you have it.