Review of Fernwood Fitness gyms
Fernwood Fitness aims to create a supportive experience when going to the gym. Female staff members are on site ready to help with any questions. According to Fernwood, the staff aim to go above and beyond for their members by also handing out free chilled face towels as you train.
Fernwood Fitness provides an online health program, ‘28 Day Breakthru’, to get you started at the gym as part of the membership. You also meet with a fitness coach to help set up your goals and an action plan to work towards in your first 28 days.
Fernwood Fitness Programs
Along with its basic facilities and group fitness classes, Fernwood Fitness also has a unique range of programs for all health and fitness goals. The following programs are available to members and non-members, but prices vary by club.
- 12 Week Challenge (starts every March): includes full meal plans, shopping lists, recipes tailored to your body type, weekly workouts, mindset sessions and a journal to track results
- Operation Wedding Dress: 6 or 12 week program that includes weight management coaching and education, personal training, group sessions and stress management
- Military Miss Boot camp: focuses on intensity and endurance
- Personal Training: 30 minute, one-on-one sessions
- Functional Fit: high intensity interval training in groups of 6-10 women
- Food Coaching: gives one-on-one dietary advice and personalised meal plans
What facilities does Fernwood Fitness offer?
- Basic facilities include cardio and strength training equipment, group fitness classes and Personal Training
- Fernwood specific services include Food Coaching, free breakfast, bi-monthly Fernwood Magazine, Members’ Lounge, online and in-club programs and complimentary toiletries in the change room
- Extra facilities include childcare, parking and beauty services (varying from club to club)
How much does Fernwood Fitness membership cost?
As Fernwood Fitness is a franchise, prices vary by club and package. The price starts from $22 per week and there is a one-off joining fee of $199. Its activation kit – that includes 24 hours access (at participating clubs), a New Member Starter Pack, ‘28 Day Breakthru’ online program, plus in-club and online support – is charged in addition to the joining free.
Fernwood Fitness membership details outlined
Other Fernwood Fitness clubs can be used in conjunction with your membership and your home club will be able to explain how this works. After signing up, there is a cooling off period of seven days if you change your mind. You are able to cancel your gym membership at any time, but cancellation conditions and fees depend on the term of the membership. The club should be notified as early as possible to begin the cancellation process. When going on holiday, the 12 month membership can be put on hold for up to eight weeks.
What group classes does Fernwood Fitness offer?
Group fitness classes may vary from club to club and so it is best to contact your club directly to enquire about classes. Group classes are included in membership, with offerings such as:
- Personal Training
- Body Attack
- Body Balance
- Body Step
- Body Pump
- Boot Camp
- Circuit Training
Should I choose Fernwood Fitness?
Fernwood Fitness recognised a need for women to have their own space for fitness and has created one of the leading clubs of its kind. Fernwood Fitness seems to understand all women are different and offers programs for specific individual needs. There are many factors to consider when deciding if Fernwood Fitness is right for you, including costs. So if in doubt, give the club a call and talk about your options.
Some key factors to consider when choosing a gym include the equipment and facilities it offers to reach your fitness goals, the location and opening hours, group fitness classes, staff availability and contract flexibility. You may also like to see if its social atmosphere suits you as this will all add up to keep you coming back and making the most of your gym membership.
About the author of this page
This report was written by Canstar Blue’s Content Projects Lead, Dean Heckscher. He’s our resident expert on all things automotive, health & fitness, streaming and more. Dean is also one of Canstar Blue’s customer research report producers, helping to turn complicated subjects into easily-digestible information for our readers. He’s passionate about helping consumers make better-informed purchase decisions on all manner of consumer goods and services.