For fans, the world of football is thankfully a busy one, with no shortage of competitions, leagues and events filling up the calendar to keep us entertained with blazing goals, stylish assists and sleek skills. One of the latest entrants to this calendar is the UEFA Nations League, a competition that while still in infancy, has been welcomed with open arms by fans as we get to see our favourite players take the field for the chance at another title. But what exactly is the UEFA Nations League, and how can you watch it? Find out all you need to know about the UEFA Nations League with Canstar Blue.
How to watch the UEFA Nations League
The UEFA Nations League can be streamed in Australia via Optus’ streaming platform Optus Sport. All matches are available to be streamed, with Optus Sport also offering articles, previews and match highlights throughout the competition.
Watch UEFA Nations League on Optus Sport
Optus Sport secured the rights to the UEFA Nations League, and is the only provider for the event in Australia, adding it to its rank of EPL and Euro competitions. Optus Sport offers live coverage, match highlights and analysis throughout the competition.
Optus Sport is included free on Optus NBN plans, as well as on Optus’ Medium, Large, Extra Large and One postpaid phone plans. The following table shows a selection of published Optus postpaid SIM-only plans on Canstar Blue’s database, listed in order of standard monthly cost, from the lowest to highest, then by data allowance. Use our mobile comparison tool to see plans from a range of other providers. This is a selection of products with links to a referral partner.
It should also be noted that Optus is altering its Optus Sport offering from August 1, 2022.
What is the UEFA Nations League?
The UEFA Nations League is a biennial international football competition for members of the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA). The first UEFA Nations League started in 2018, and was created to replace a contingent of international friendlies.
When is the 2022 UEFA Nations League?
The 2022/2023 UEFA Nations League is played between June 2022 and June 2023, with the ‘League’ phase being played between June and September 2022, with the Finals played in June 2023, with the 2022 World Cup intersecting between the two phases.
2022 UEFA Nations League Groups
The UEFA Nations League is split into four ‘Leagues’, with League A, B and C all containing four groups of four, while League D contains seven other countries. The four group winners in League A advance to the knockout Finals, while the group winners in the other Leagues are promoted to a higher League for the 2024 UEFA Nations League.
The 2022 UEFA Nations League Groups are as follows:
- Group A1: France, Denmark, Croatia, Austria
- Group A2: Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Czech Republic
- Group A3: Italy, Germany, England, Hungary
- Group A4: Belgium, Netherlands, Poland, Wales
- Group B1: Ukraine, Scotland, Republic of Ireland, Armenia
- Group B2: Iceland, Israel, Albania, Russia*
- Group B3: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Finland, Romania, Montenegro
- Group B4: Sweden, Norway, Serbia, Slovenia
- Group C1: Turkey, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Faroe Islands
- Group C2: Northern Ireland, Greece, Kosovo, Cyprus
- Group C3: Slovakia, Belarus, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan
- Group C4: Bulgaria, North Macedonia, Georgia, Gibraltar
- Group D1: Liechtenstein, Moldova, Andorra, Latvia
- Group D2: Malta, Estonia, San Marino
*Russia will not participate in the competition and is automatically ranked fourth in this group
2022 UEFA Nations League Fixtures
Below are the upcoming fixtures for the 2022 UEFA Nations League:
- Kazakhstan Vs. Slovakia – 12:00am (AEST) Tuesday, June 14
- Azerbaijan Vs. Belarus – 2:00am (AEST) Tuesday, June 14
- Denmark Vs. Austria – 4:45am (AEST) Tuesday, June 14
- France Vs. Croatia – 4:45am (AEST) Tuesday, June 14
- Iceland Vs. Israel – 4:45am (AEST) Tuesday, June 14
- Armenia Vs. Scotland – 2:00am (AEST) Wednesday, June 15
- Moldova Vs. Andorra – 2:00am (AEST) Wednesday, June 15
- Turkey Vs. Lithuania – 4:45am (AEST) Wednesday, June 15
- Ukraine Vs. Republic of Ireland – 4:45am (AEST) Wednesday, June 15
- Bosnia-Herzegovina Vs. Finland – 4:45am (AEST) Wednesday, June 15
- England Vs. Hungary – 4:45am (AEST) Wednesday, June 15
- Germany Vs. Italy – 4:45am (AEST) Wednesday, June 15
- Liechtenstein Vs. Latvia – 4:45am (AEST) Wednesday, June 15
- Luxembourg Vs. Faroe Islands – 4:45am (AEST) Wednesday, June 15
- Romania Vs. Montenegro – 4:45am (AEST) Wednesday, June 15
- Netherlands Vs. Wales – 4:45am (AEST) Wednesday, June 15
- Poland Vs. Belgium – 4:45am (AEST) Wednesday, June 15
When is the 2022 UEFA Nations League Final?
The 2022 UEFA Nations League Final will be played on June 18, 2023, with the location to be announced closer to the event.
Stream Sports with Kayo
After a bit more football? Check out Kayo’s coverage of local and international leagues.
|Brand||Subscription Type||No. of Screens/same time viewing||Advertised Cost^^/month|
Kayo One Subscription
min. cost $25 over 1 month
|1||$25||Go To Site|
min. cost $27.50 over 1 month
|2||$27.50||Go To Site|
min. cost $35 over 1 month
||Go To Site|
Telstra Exclusive Offer – Basic Subscription
min. cost $15/mth first 12 months then $27.50/mth
||Get Offeron Telstra’s website|
|^^View important information|
Picture credit: UEFA.com