It’s that time of year again where sporting fans across the country bust out the blue and maroon. Perhaps Australia’s greatest sporting rivalry, State of Origin is the Superbowl of the National Rugby League (NRL) as Queensland and New South Wales battle for state supremacy (and bragging rights!). Will the Maroons claim victory, or will the Blues go back to back? Here’s a quick guide to everything you need to know about this year’s State of Origin.
How can I watch State of Origin?
Each game of the 2020 State of Origin is free-to-air on Channel Nine, and will be streamed online via 9Now for viewing on Apple TV, Google Chromecast, iPad or any other smart TV devices. If you’re an eligible Telstra mobile customer, you can also download the NRL app and watch the games on Live Pass.
State of Origin 2020 Fixtures
|Game 1||4 November (Wed)||8:10pm||Adelaide Oval, Adelaide|
|Game 2||11 November (Wed)||8:10pm||ANZ Stadium, Sydney|
|Game 3||18 November (Wed)||8:10pm||Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane|
*Kick-off times are scheduled estimates only. Games may commence earlier or later, depending on pre-game entertainment, but coverage usually begins an hour before kick-off.
How to watch the Women’s State of Origin 2020
You can watch the Women’s State of Origin on the Nine network, 9Now and the NRL app. The clash will take place on Friday, the 13th of November, 2020 at Sunshine Coast Stadium in Queensland. Kick-off scheduled for 7:45pm.
How to watch every game of the NRL
If you’re looking to watch every NRL game live, there are a couple of options to choose from, including Foxtel Now and Kayo. If you’re a Telstra customer, you’ll have free access to every game via NRL Live Pass on the app, or if you’re not a Telstra customer, you can subscribe for $3.99 a week.
NRL with Kayo
If you consider yourself a bit of a streamer and aren’t interested in locking yourself into a contract, Kayo may deliver the goods. Not only does Kayo provide access to each game of the NRL, you’ll also be able to view over 50 sports, from AFL and cricket to motorsport and rugby union.
Stream Sports with Kayo
Love streaming? Love sports? Kayo is a new streaming platform that provides access to a wealth of sports, from basketball to cricket, motorsports and soccer. Click ‘go to site’ for more details.
|Brand||Subscription Type||No. of Screens/same time viewing||Advertised Cost^^/month|
min. cost $25 over 1 month
|2||$25||Go To Site|
min. cost $35 over 1 month
||Go To Site|
min. cost $15/mth first 12 months then $25/mth
||Get Offeron Telstra’s website|
|^^View important information|
State of Origin Team List 2020
Both Queensland and New South Wales selected a few players to debut in Game 1, with each side matching up fairly evenly. Here are the players that will line up in Game 2 of State of Origin in 2020.
QLD State of Origin Team Game 3
- Valentine Holmes (North Queensland Cowboys)
- Xavier Coates (Brisbane Broncos)
- Kurt Capewell (Penrith Panthers)
- Dane Gagai (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
- Corey Allen (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
- Cameron Munster (Melbourne Storm)
- Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly Sea Eagles)
- Christian Welch (Melbourne Storm)
- Jake Friend (Sydney Roosters)
- Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders)
- Felise Kaufusi (Melbourne Storm)
- Jaydn Su’A (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
- Tino Fa’asuamaleaui (Melbourne Storm)
- Harry Grant (Melbourne Storm)
- Lindsay Collins (Sydney Roosters)
- Jai Arrow (Gold Coast Titans)
- Dunamis Lui (Canberra Raiders)
NSW State of Origin Team Game 3
- James Tedesco (Sydney Roosters)
- Daniel Tupou (Sydney Roosters)
- Clint Gutherson (Parramatta Eels)
- Jack Wighton (Canberra Raiders)
- Josh Addo-Carr (Melbourne Storm)
- Cody Walker (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
- Nathan Cleary (Penrith Panthers)
- Daniel Saifiti (Newcastle Knights)
- Damien Cook (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
- Payne Haas (Brisbane Broncos)
- Angus Crichton (Sydney Roosters)
- Tyson Frizell (St George Illawarra Dragons)
- Jake Trbojevic (Manly Sea Eagles)
- Dale Finucane (Melbourne Storm)
- Junior Paulo (Parramatta Eels)
- Nathan Brown (Parramatta Eels)
- Isaah Yeo (Penrith Panthers)
Image credits: Adam Vilimek/Shutterstock.com, Viktoriia Hnatiuk/Shutterstock.com