With the NBA season well and truly heating up, fans have something else to look forward to – the All-Star Weekend. An annual showcase of some of the best players in the league, the 2022 NBA All-Star Weekend is about to tip-off, but where can you catch all the action in Australia? Find out with this Canstar Blue guide.
How to watch the NBA All-Star Weekend
The 2022 NBA All-Star Weekend will be broadcast live on both Kayo and Foxtel (through ESPN) from 11am AEST on Monday, February 21.
NBA All-Star on Kayo
One of the most popular options for Aussie basketball fans, Kayo offers a live showcase of the full NBA All-Star schedule, including the All Star Pre-Game Show, Skills Challenge, 3 Point Contest, Dunk Contest, as well as the main event – the All-Star Game.
Stream Sports with Kayo
Love streaming? Love sports? Kayo is a streaming platform that provides access to a wealth of sports, from basketball to cricket, motorsports and soccer. Click ‘go to site’ for more details.
|Brand||Subscription Type||No. of Screens/same time viewing||Advertised Cost^^/month|
Kayo One Subscription
min. cost $25 over 1 month
|1||$25||Go To Site|
min. cost $27.50 over 1 month
|2||$27.50||Go To Site|
min. cost $35 over 1 month
||Go To Site|
Telstra Exclusive Offer – Basic Subscription
min. cost $15/mth first 12 months then $27.50/mth
||Get Offeron Telstra’s website|
|^^View important information|
NBA All-Star on Foxtel & ESPN
ESPN (Channel 509) offers live coverage of the NBA All-Star Weekend, including the All Star Pre-Game Show, Skills Challenge, 3 Point Contest, Dunk Contest, as well as the All-Star Game itself.
When is the NBA All-Star Weekend?
The 2022 NBA All-Star Weekend will take place from February 19 through to February 21, with separate events taking place each day. The NBA All-Star Weekend schedule is as follows:
- NBA All-Star Celebrity Game – 10:00am (AEST) Saturday, February 19
- NBA All-Star Rising Stars – 12:00pm (AEST) Saturday, February 19
- NBA Skills Challenge, 3 Point Contest & Slam Dunk Contest – 11:00am (AEST) Sunday, February 20
- NBA All-Star Game – 11:00m (AEST) Monday, February 21 (with coverage starting at 9:00am)
Where is the NBA All-Star Weekend being played?
The 2022 NBA All-Star Weekend will be played at the Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse arena in Cleveland, Ohio.
Who’s playing in the NBA All-Star Game?
The 2022 All-Star Game sees team captains LeBron James and Kevin Durant face off, with the roster originally taking on the traditional East Vs. West competition, before the two captains drafting their teams. The 2022 All Star teams are listed below:
- LeBron James – Los Angeles Lakers (Captain/Starter)
- Giannis Antetokounmpo – Milwaukee Bucks (Starter)
- Stephen Curry – Golden State Warriors (Starter)
- Nikola Jokic – Denver Nuggets (Starter)
- DeMar DeRozan – Chicago Bulls (Starter)
- Jimmy Butler – Miami Heat
- Luka Doncic – Dallas Mavericks
- Chris Paul – Phoenix Suns
- Darius Garland – Cleveland Cavaliers
- James Harden – Philadelphia 76ers (Injured)
- Donovan Mitchell – Utah Jazz
- Fred VanVleet – Toronto Raptors
- Jarrett Allen – Cleveland Cavaliers (named as an injury replacement for James Harden)
Coached by Monty Williams – Phoenix Suns
- Kevin Durant – Brooklyn Nets (Captain/Injured)
- Ja Morant – Memphis Grizzlies (Starter)
- Andrew Wiggins – Golden State Warriors (Starter)
- Trae Young – Atlanta Hawks (Starter)
- Joel Embiid – Philadelphia 76ers (Starter)
- Jayson Tatum – Boston Celtics (Starter)
- Devin Booker – Phoenix Suns
- Rudy Gobert – Utah Jazz
- Draymond Green – Golden State Warriors (Injured)
- Karl Anthony-Towns – Minnesota Timberwolves
- Zach LaVine – Chicago Bulls
- Khris Middleton – Milwaukee Bucks
- Dejounte Murray – San Antonio Spurs (named as an injury replacement for Draymond Green)
- Lamelo Ball – Charlotte Hornets (named as an injury replacement for Kevin Durant)
Coached by Erik Spoelstra – Miami Heat
Photo credit: NBA.com