While some of us only tune into the Super Bowl half-time show, the NFL (National Football League) is a popular sport both in the U.S. and on a global scale. With an exhibition game played in London every year, and a number of Australians trying their hand at scoring touchdowns, American football appeals to plenty of fans around the world. But like most other American sports, Aussie fans have to contend with time zone challenges when it comes to watching their favourite teams take to the field. So where should you turn to for all your NFL action, and how much will it cost you? In this article, Canstar Blue investigates all your options before kick-off.
How to watch the 2023 NFL season
Australians can watch the NFL through DAZN and Channel 7, with DAZN offering full coverage throughout the season, while Channel 7 will provide free coverage of select games.
Watch the NFL on DAZN
While primarily known for its coverage of boxing, DAZN has secured coverage of the 2023 NFL season, covering all games throughout the regular season, postseason and Super Bowl. DAZN can be signed up to online or through the app. DAZN is also taking over coverage from the NFL Game Pass app.
Watch the NFL on Channel 7
Offering a free-to-air option, Channel 7 broadcasts a few regular-season games live per week, with the network also securing coverage of the Playoffs and a delayed broadcast of the Super Bowl. While the coverage will vary from state to state, if you want to see the NFL free or charge, it’s best to check your TV guide.
After more sports? Sign up to Kayo
|Brand||Subscription Type||No. of Screens/same time viewing||Advertised Cost^^/month|
Kayo One Subscription
min. cost $25 over 1 month
|1||$25||Go To Site|
min. cost $30 over 1 month
|2||$30||Go To Site|
min. cost $35 over 1 month
||Go To Site|
|^^View important information|
When does the NFL 2023-24 season start?
The start of the 2023 NFL regular season will kick off on September 8, 2023, with preseason games kicking off in August, 2023.
- If you’re after more NFL content, find out how to watch the NFL Combine in our guide.
Here are the fixtures and schedules for Week 12 of the 2023-24 NFL season:
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Detroit Lions – 2:30am (AEST) Friday, November 24
- Washington Commanders Vs. Dallas Cowboys – 6:30am (AEST) Friday, November 24
- San Francisco 49ers Vs. Seattle Seahawks – 10:20am (AEST) Friday, November 24
- Miami Dolphins Vs. New York Jets – 5:00am (AEST) Saturday, November 25
- New Orleans Saints Vs. Atlanta Falcons – 3:00am (AEST) Monday, November 27
- Pittsburgh Steelers Vs. Cincinnati Bengals – 3:00am (AEST) Monday, November 27
- Carolina Panthers Vs. Tennessee Titans – 3:00am (AEST) Monday, November 27
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Vs. Indianapolis Colts – 3:00am (AEST) Monday, November 27
- New England Patriots Vs. New York Giants – 3:00am (AEST) Monday, November 27
- Jacksonville Jaguars Vs. Houston Texans – 3:00am (AEST) Monday, November 27
- Cleveland Browns Vs. Denver Broncos – 6:05am (AEST) Monday, November 27
- Los Angeles Rams Vs. Arizona Cardinals – 6:05am (AEST) Monday, November 27
- Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Las Vegas Raiders – 6:25am (AEST) Monday, November 27
- Buffalo Bills Vs. Philadelphia Eagles – 6:25am (AEST) Monday, November 27
- Baltimore Ravens Vs. Los Angeles Chargers – 10:20am (AEST) Monday, November 27
- Chicago Bears Vs. Minnesota Vikings – 10:15am (AEST) Tuesday, November 28
Test your NBN speed
Does your internet have what it takes to stream the 2023 NFL season? Test your NBN Speed below!