A new car is a hefty purchase to make, but when the end of financial year sales roll around, vehicle manufacturers are looking to offload old models to make way for new stock, meaning motorists can drive off in a new set of wheels having got an awesome bargain. Here is a quick guide to some of the most eye-catching EOFY car sales this year.
EOFY Car Sales
One of the most common brands seen on Australian roads, Japanese manufacturer Mitsubishi has a number of its more popular models on sale, including the Triton utility, plus the majority of its SUV range, including the ASX, Eclipse, Outlander and Pajero.
Mitsubishi’s EOFY discounts range between a $1,000 and $4,000 Factory Bonus, with each bonus available to be redeemed at the point of purchase. If you’ve got your heart set on a 2018 Double Cab 4WD Triton, you can also score a free transmission upgrade (manual to automatic) on the GLS, GLX, GLX ADAS and GLX+ models, along with three years of Capped Price Servicing, saving you money down the road.
Here are some of the Mitsubishi models available during the EOFY sale:
- 19MY Triton GLX+ Double Cab (4WD Diesel Manual) – $39,990 Driveaway
- 19MY Outlander ES (5 Seats 2WD Petrol Manual) – $28,990 Driveaway
- 19MY ASX Exceed (2WD Petrol CVT Auto) – $32,990 Driveaway
- 17MY Lancer ES Sport Sedan (2WD Petrol Manual) – $20,990 Driveaway
Offering a number of discounts, Korean brand Hyundai is keen to get motorists through the door, with a number of its popular vehicles available at reduced prices. Those looking for a bit more bang for their buck may be interested in the Tucson Style model, with Hyundai offering almost $4,000 worth of extra accessories, including 17inch black alloy wheels, a front nudge bar, as well as front and rear dash cams.
If you’re looking for a discount, Hyundai is offering between $1,000 and $1,500 off select models, including the Tucson Go, Tucson Active X, Kona Go, i30 Go, Elantra Go, Sonata Premium, and iMax Active, making Hyundai worth investigating regardless of what vehicle type you’re after.
Here are some of the Hyundai models available during the EOFY sale:
- Tucson Go (2.0L Petrol 6speed Manual 2WD) – $27,990 Driveaway
- Kona Go (2.0L Petrol 6speed Auto 2WD) – $25,990 Driveaway
- i30 Go (2.0L Petrol 6speed Manual 2WD) – $20,990 Driveaway
- iMax Active (2.5L Diesel 5speed Auto 2WD) – $44,990 Driveaway
Offering the ‘Every Suzuki On Sale’ promotion, Japanese brand Suzuki is adding discounts and upgrades to its range of models, from the small Baleno to the Vitara SUV. While some deals include a transmission upgrade from manual to automatic, others include a discount on the final price tag, allowing you to hit the road with more cash in your back pocket.
Here are some of the Suzuki models available during the EOFY sale:
- Baleno GL Manual – $15,990 Driveaway
- Swift GL Navigator Manual – $16,990 Driveaway
- S-Cross Turbo Auto – $26,990 Driveaway
- Swift Sport Auto – $27,990 Driveaway
Another Japanese brand, Toyota has long been a fan favourite for Aussie motorists. This EOFY sales time, the manufacturer is offering a number of discounts and deals for drivers to check out, including free on-road costs, genuine accessories, free roadside assist as well as options for those who are also looking to finance their new purchase.
Here are some of the Toyota models available during the EOFY sale:
- Hilux 4×2 WorkMate (Single Cab Cab-Chassis Petrol Manual) – $22,990 Driveaway
- C-HR CVT (2WD Petrol Auto) – $30,990 Driveaway
- Yaris SX (Petrol Auto) – $20,490 Driveaway
Offering discounts and incentives on some of its larger models, motorists can expect extras such as five-year warranty on the entire range at Subaru, along with two years of scheduled servicing, ensuring that your new ride stays working as optimally as possible.
Here are some of the Subaru models available during the EOFY sale:
- Outback 2.5i Premium AWD – $45,990 Driveaway
- XV 2.0i AWD – $30,990 Driveaway
- Impreza 2.0i WD – $24,990 Driveaway
One of the more affordable German brands, Volkswagen is offering a number of models at discounted prices this EOFY. In addition to EOFY discounts, some VW models come with a $3,000-$5,000 Finance Deposit Contribution on MY18 models, with other models also paired with free three year/45,000km scheduled servicing to help keep your car functioning as it should be.
Here are some of the VW models available during the EOFY sale:
- Polo TSI Trendline (5speed Manual) – $18,990 Driveaway
- Golf GTI (7speed DSG) – $48,990 Driveaway
- Passat Wagon TSI (7speed DSG) – $40,490 Driveaway
- Tiguan TSI Comfortline (7speed DSG) – $45,990 Driveaway
While one of the more expensive options on the car market, it may be worth investigating your local Lexus dealership during the EOFY sales as you might just find your newest ride. With discounts available on selected cars, Lexus driveaway models also come with 12 months’ registration, 12 months’ CTP insurance, dealer delivery charge, stamp duty and premium paint.
Here are some of the Lexus models available during the EOFY sale:
- UX 200 (2.0L Petrol) – $49,888 Driveaway
- IS 300 (2.0L Turbo) – $57,888 Driveaway
- NX 300 (2WD 2.0L Turbo) – $59,888 Driveaway
- RX 300 (2.0L Turbo) – $69,888 Driveaway
If you’re looking for a new car, EOFY sales may prove worthwhile investigating, particularly if you’re looking to add some extras. Keep in mind that these driveaway deals may not be available at every dealership, and are usually only available until the end of June.
While the EOFY sales are tempting, it’s best to do your research before making a big purchase, and to read the fine print before you sign on the dotted line. If you’re interested in purchasing a new car, be sure to check out our latest New Car Ratings, as well as the top selling cars in Australia.
Photo credit: Mikbiz/shutterstock.com