Fisher & Paykel Refrigerators Review
There’s really no point in crying over spilled milk. Why? Because brands like Fisher & Paykel feature easy-to-clean fridge designs to prevent any leaks or drips from flowing down to the rest of the items. The appliance giant caters to a wide range of needs by offering several different fridge types. These include bottom mount, French Door, top mount and upright fridges. Read on to learn more about the different features and prices of a few available models.
What fridges does Fisher & Paykel offer?
Born out of humble roots in New Zealand over 80 years ago, Fisher & Paykel has grown to compete with the big kids like Hisense, LG and Samsung among others. In particular, our customer satisfaction ratings show the brand has proved to be especially popular with Aussie consumers when it comes to clothes dryers, washing machines and refrigerators.
Fisher & Paykel offer a wide array of fridges, from small 115L wine fridges to larger capacity 614L French door designs. The different types of fridges include:
- Bottom mount fridges
- French Door fridges
- Side by side fridges
- Top mount fridges
- Upright fridges
Bottom Mount Fridges
Fisher & Paykel 403L Bottom Mount Fridge RF402BLYW6
If you’re a fan of Fisher & Paykel but want to stay on a budget, this Fisher & Paykel RF402BLYW6 bottom mount fridge is its low-cost option. It’s worth noting that despite it being among some of the more wallet-friendly products in the range, the unit still provides a decent amount of storage with its 403L total capacity. This includes 280L worth of usable fridge space and 123L freezer room.
The model might even be worth considering if you’re renovating the kitchen and plan to create a sleek and contemporary feel. The ultra flat door is said to ensure a streamlined look by hiding the fridge door handles. The product additionally contains spill-safe secure glass shelves, which are claimed to catch any drips or leaks and prevent spills from further falling on items below.
Other features include:
- Energy efficiency rating: 2.5 stars (consumes 465kWh/yr)
- ActiveSmart to keep food fresher for longer
- Adaptive defrost system
- Frost free system
The Fisher & Paykel 403L Bottom Mount Fridge comes with five years warranty on sealed system parts, and two years warranty on parts and labour.
- RRP: $1,499*
Fisher & Paykel 442L ActiveSmart Bottom Mount Fridge E442BRXFDU5
Sneaking into the fridge to steal a piece of someone’s chocolate cake? Or maybe you’ve promised to support a friend by joining them on their two-week health challenge, but need a bite of leftover pizza to help you power through. Either way, the EZKleen feature with the Fisher & Paykel 442L ActiveSmart Bottom Mount Fridge may be useful to help hide the evidence. Available in many of the stainless steel fridges, the brand states it EZKleen function gives the model an ‘anti-fingerprint coating’ which supposedly allows you to easily wipe away marks.
Similar to other bottom fridges by the brand, the Fisher & Paykel E442BRXFDU5 also contains ‘spill-safe’ secure glass shelves to stop spills from flowing down.
Other functions include:
- Energy efficiency rating: 3 stars (consumes 433kWh/yr)
- SmartTouch control panel
Another unique feature about this model is its ice maker. It can apparently boost ice production by up to 30%, or create additional storage space when not in use. The Fisher & Paykel 442L ActiveSmart Bottom Mount Fridge has a total capacity of 442L, which includes 307L fridge capacity and 135 freezer capacity.
- RRP: $1,948*
French Door Fridges
Fisher & Paykel 519L French Door Fridge RF522ADW5
Fisher & Paykel claim many of its products, including the Fisher & Paykel 519L French Door Fridge, are totally cool with giving you a helping hand in the home. This particular model is said to adapt to your personal daily usage habits by cooling and defrosting the contents when needed. This apparently ensures that the fridge only consumes energy that’s necessary, without compromising on food care.
Another feature designed to help you get a handle on things is the humidity control system, which supposedly creates a microclimate in each storage bin to keep food fresher for longer.
Other features include:
- Energy rating: 3.5 stars (consumes 412kWh/yr)
- Humidity controlled crisper bin
- ActiveSmart Foodcare system
The Fisher & Paykel 519L French Door Fridge has a total capacity of 519L, which includes 369L refrigerator storage and 159L worth of freezer space.
- RRP: $2,499*
Fisher & Paykel 605L Quad Door Fridge RF605QDUVX1
Need a large fridge for a big family? This model includes many of the features built into the other products, including the ActiveSmart Foodcare system, the EZKleen stainless steel design, a SmartTouch control panel and an ultra slim water dispenser. It does require plumbing to operate the ice and chilled functions.
Other features include:
- Energy rating: 3.5 stars (consumers 460kWh/yr)
- Water filter
- Ultra slim water dispenser
The Fisher & Paykel French Door fridge is described to have a ‘thoughtful design’, offering households large compartments as well as adjustable storage and shelving to suit different sized produce. Despite its generous size, the unit is also said to minimise bulkiness in the kitchen by boasting flat doors that ensure a supposedly ‘less intrusive fit in the kitchen’.
- RRP: $4,099*
The 605L Fisher & Paykel RF605QDUVX1 French Door fridge contains 375L worth of refrigerator space and 115L of usable freezer storage. The total capacity also includes a 115L ‘Variable Temperature Zone’.
Side by Side Fridges
Fisher & Paykel 610L Side by Side Fridge RX611DUX1
The Fisher & Paykel 610L Side by Side Fridge is a true family fridge, providing 385L fridge capacity and 225L freezer capacity. Similar to many of the other models, the Fisher & Paykel RX611DUX1 comes with SpillSafe Shelves which can supposedly catch up to 250ml worth of liquid in order to prevent further spillage.
The unit also contains adjustable shelves and an ice/water dispenser. But if you’re looking for an energy efficient fridge, be warned that this Fisher & Paykel refrigerator has a 2 star energy efficiency rating. This might not necessarily be surprising for some, especially if you factor in its large capacity.
- RRP: $2,899*
Top Mount Fridge
Fisher & Paykel 517L Top Mount Fridge RF521TRPX6
If you tend to open the fridge door more regularly than your freezer, consider browsing through the different top mount refrigerators available. Products like the Fisher & Paykel 517L Top Mount Fridge have a much larger fridge capacity compared to freezer storage, so you can still buy that tub of ice cream but have more space in the fridge for everything else.
Other potentially useful features include:
- Built-in Twist Ice & Serve ice cube tray and ice cube storage bin
- SpillSafe shelves
- ActiveSmart FoodCare system
- Adaptive defrost system
- Humidity controlled crisper bin
The stainless steel Fisher & Paykel RF521TRPX6 model has 517L worth of room, which includes 400L fridge capacity and 117L freezer capacity. The 3 star energy efficiency rating also makes this top mount refrigerator one of the more energy efficient models in the brand’s cool products range.
- RRP: $1,749*
Fisher & Paykel 411L ActiveSmart Top Mount Fridge RF411TRPW6
The Fisher & Paykel 411L ActiveSmart Top Mount Fridge is considered to be one of the brand’s most wallet-friendly top mount options. Similar to the pricier Fisher & Paykel 517L Top Mount Fridge, it’s also one of the more energy efficient models in Fisher & Paykel’s entire refrigerator collection.
Despite its comparatively low price tag, this somewhat affordable fridge still has a few features the brand believes is worth boasting. These include:
- ActiveSmart foodcare system
- Humidity control system
- Storage flexibility
- SpillSafe glass shelves
This Fisher & Paykel top mount fridge offers 314L fridge capacity and 97L freezer capacity.
- RRP: $1,249*
Fisher & Paykel 451L Upright Fridge E450LXFD1
Recommended for large families, the Fisher & Paykel 451L Upright Fridge is designed to provide apparently simple access and flexible storage. Plus, the inclusion of the EZKleen feature is said to help make cleaning this stainless steel fridge easier. Other features include:
- Energy efficiency rating: 2 stars
- Adjustable door shelves
- Flat door design
This particular vertical Fisher & Paykel E450LXFD1 model contains a left hinge, although the Fisher & Paykel E450RXFD1 is alternatively available for those who prefer a refrigerator with a right hinge.
- RRP: $2,099*
Fisher & Paykel 373L Upright Fridge RF373SLDW1
For a more affordable Fisher & Paykel upright refrigerator, consider checking out this Fisher & Paykel RF373SLDW1 model. Although compared to the Fisher & Paykel 451L Upright Fridge, the most expensive product in this style, the Fisher & Paykel 373L Upright Fridge comes with many of the same features. So, while the two models sit on two opposite ends of the price spectrum, the biggest difference is fridge capacity.
- RRP: $1,449
The Fisher & Paykel 373L Upright Fridge RF373SRDW1 is alternatively available for anyone who prefers a fridge using a right hinge.
Is a Fisher & Paykel fridge worth the money?
Don’t know which small fridge you should consider buying for a single or two-person household? Or maybe you need a true family size refrigerator with a generous amount of storage and adjustable organisational features? Fisher & Paykel sell a variety of bottom mount fridges, French Door fridges, side by side by fridges, top mount fridges and upright fridges.
In terms of energy efficiency, most of the Fisher & Paykel fridges are rated either 3 stars or 3.5 stars. This range is heavily made up of larger capacity models. Most of its range sits between 300L and 600L. If you’re in the market for a small refrigerator, Fisher & Paykel sells a handful of fridges under 400L in capacity like the Fisher & Paykel 373L Upright Fridge (RF373SLDW1).
However, you can expect to pay at least $1,000 even for the smallest capacity fridges with low, or no frills. Tech-packed and large French door fridges can then easily cost over $3,000. Nevertheless, Fisher & Paykel fridges are popular in Aussie households, so evidently people see their fridges as ‘worth it’ – if you’re willing to pay a little more for design, functionality and features then we suspect you’ll be content with Fisher & Paykel.
For more on Fisher & Paykel fridges and other brands, you might like to check out our refrigerator ratings via the link bellow.
*Prices taken from Appliances Online and resepctive retailers, correct as of July, 2019
What do customers think about Fisher & Paykel fridges?
In 2018, Australian customers gave Fisher & Paykel 4 out of 5 stars for overall customer satisfaction for refrigerators.
So many fridges, so little time. Here’s a list of the other Fisher & Paykel refrigerators currently available.
Fisher & Paykel Bottom Mount Fridges
- Fisher & Paykel 403L Bottom Mount Fridge RF402BRYW6: $1,499 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 403L Bottom Mount Fridge RF402BRYX6: $1,599 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 442L Bottom Mount Fridge RF442BRPW6: $1,699 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 442L ActiveSmart Bottom Mount Fridge RF442BLPW6: $1,699 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 442L Bottom Mount Fridge RF442BLGW6: $1,721 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 442L Bottom Mount Fridge RF442BRGW6: $1,799 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 442L Bottom Mount Fridge RF442BRPX6: $1,849 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 442L ActiveSmart Bottom Mount Fridge RF442BLPX6: $1,849 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 519L ActiveSmart Bottom Mount Fridge RF522BRPW6: 18,49 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 519L ActiveSmart Bottom Mount Fridge RF522BLPW6: $1,849 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 442L Bottom Mount Fridge RF442BRGX6: $1,948 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 403L ActiveSmart Bottom Mount Fridge E402BLXFD5: $1,949 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 442L Bottom Mount Fridge RF442BLGX6: $1,949 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 519L Bottom Mount Fridge RF522BRGW6: $1,949 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 519L ActiveSmart Bottom Mount Fridge RF522BLGW6: $1,949 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 442L ActiveSmart Bottom Mount Fridge E442BLXFDJ5: $2,099 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 519L ActiveSmart Bottom Mount Fridge RF522BRPX6: $2,099 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 519L ActiveSmart Bottom Mount Fridge RF522BLPX6: $2,099 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 519L ActiveSmart Bottom Mount Fridge RF522BLGX6: $2,199 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 519L ActiveSmart Bottom Mount Fridge E522BRXFDU5: $2,299 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 442L ActiveSmart Bottom Mount Fridge E442BRXFDU5: $2,399 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 519L ActiveSmart Bottom Mount Fridge E522BLXFDU5: $2,252 (RRP)
Fisher & Paykel French Door Fridges
- Fisher & Paykel 519L French Door Fridge RF522ADW5: $2,499 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 519L French Door Fridge RF522ADX5: $2,699 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 523L French Door Fridge RF523GDX1: $2,699 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 519L ActiveSmart French Door Fridge RF522ADUB5: $2,716 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel RF610ADUX5 614L ActiveSmart French Door Fridge: $3,299 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 605L Quad Door Fridge RF605QDVX1: $3,699 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 614L French Door Fridge RF610ADUB5: $3,699 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 605L Quad Door Fridge RF605QDUVX1: $4,099 (RRP)
Fisher & Paykel Upright Fridges
- Fisher & Paykel 373L Upright Fridge RF373SLDW1: $1,499 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 373L Upright Fridge RF373SRDW1: $1,454 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel 451L Upright Fridge E450LW1: $1,899 (RRP)
Fisher & Paykel Wine Fridges
- Fisher & Paykel RS60RDWX1 32 Bottle Wine Storage Cabinet: $2,449 (RRP)
- Fisher & Paykel RF356RDWX1 144 Bottle Wine Storage Cabinet: $4,099 (RRP)
Source: Fisher & Paykel, July 2019