Sumo nbn plans internet broadband
Sumo logo

Sumo NBN Plans Review

You’ve probably heard of Sumo as an energy provider, but did you know the company also offers NBN plans? Sumo has a variety of electricity plans for the NSW and Victorian market, so let’s see how its NBN plans stack up. See what Sumo has to offer below, including some generous discounts.

What does Sumo NBN offer?

Sumo NBN Plans

Unlimited data

Top-speed NBN Plan




Call packs

Choice of contract


Included modem

Available across FTTP, FTTB, FTTN

Sumo NBN Coverage

Sumo’s NBN coverage is reliant on the national broadband network, which has been rolled out across Australia, with fibre connections covering 93% of the population, and the remaining 7% covered by wireless or satellite service. Lucky for customers, Sumo provides the same service for both its fixed wireless and HFC customers.

Sumo NBN coverage extends wherever fixed line, fixed wireless or HFC coverage is available, including capital cities and major regional hubs.

Sumo NBN Features & Bonuses

Sumo, as an electricity provider first, offers unique bundling discounts if you’re a customer. However some of these discounts might only be available to customers in certain states, so it’s best to check first if you’ll be eligible for these discounts.

  • Customers can save by bundling with a Sumo electricity or gas plan.
  • Plans are no-contract by default, with optional VoIP calling plans available to add to your plan.

Sumo NBN Plans

Sumo has three internet plans spread across all three NBN speed tiers – Standard (NBN 25), Standard Plus (NBN 50) and Premium (NBN 100). What’s great about Sumo is the discount available for customers who bundle their NBN service with a Sumo energy plan.

Sumo’s NBN plans come with a no lock-in contract as standard, with no setup fees and an optional  VoIP charge if you want to make local and national calls. There are no longer options to BYO modem, so you will be required to purchase one of the NBN-ready modems on offer from Sumo.

With electricity bundled in, Sumo’s NBN plans work out to be some of the cheapest in the business. But, of course, you’ll need to assess whether Sumo’s electricity and gas plans are right for you before adding them to your plan.

The below table features all published SUMO NBN plans from Canstar Blue’s database, listed in order of cost from lowest to highest. Use our comparison tool to see plans from a wider range of providers. These are products with links to a referral partner.

Sumo Customer Service & Support

Sumo offers a variety of self-service and customer service options.

  • Sumo customer support: 13 88 60 (General support 8:30am to 6:30pm weekdays, technical support 8:30am to 8:30pm weekdays and 10am to 4pm weekends)
  • Online chat
  • Call back form

How does Sumo compare to other NBN providers?

Sumo already has some competitive NBN plans, and coupled with electricity discounts, they are some of the cheapest in the business. However, the company is pretty much unique in the sense that it’s the only provider to offer bundling discounts for internet, electricity and gas. Other providers offering comparable NBN plans include:

Based on its NBN merits alone, Sumo is quite competitive with these larger telcos. While you will have to dig deeper into its power plans to see if they are right for you, its NBN plans are easier to decipher, and stack up well.

Is a Sumo NBN plan worth it?

Sumo is a relatively new player in the internet game, but has been dealing in energy for a while. Already, Sumo stacks up as one of the most competitive providers in the NBN space, helped by unlimited data as standard, cheap prices and discounts, and easy-to-understand plans.

Plans come with no lock-in contract as standard, with optional modem and voice add-ons. Coupled with simple NBN plans, the discounts on offer if you bundle internet, electricity and gas are noteworthy. These discounts bring NBN prices down to some of the cheapest in the market, but as mentioned above, you’ll need to compare your energy options to make sure you’re not paying too much for the convenience of bundling.

If you’re looking at changing both internet and electricity providers, bundling could be an attractive option, but doing your research will help you to decide if these are the right deals for you.

Other articles worth reading

About the author of this page

Emma Bradstock Canstar Blue

This page was written and is regularly updated by Canstar Blue’s Senior Telco Specialist, Emma Bradstock. An expert in all things phone, internet, gaming and streaming, Emma helps to make complicated subjects easier for readers to understand, as well as covering the latest news and reviews across the telco industry. She’s passionate about helping consumers make better-informed telco choices and highlighting the next best deals.

Compare NBN Providers